[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 2700X on ASROCK AB350M Mainboard

Jul 7, 2020
Hello Community!

I want to upgrade my old Ryzen 5 1400 to a Ryzen 7 2700X and i was wondering if it is suitable although it is not on the official list of supported CPU's.
The reason i want to upgrade is because the old CPU bottlenecks my GTX 1070Ti so i am looking around for a new suitable CPU.

My mainboard is a ASROCK AB350M.

What do you guys think? Would it fit anyway if i update my bios or is it just impossible? If it is impossible with this mainboard which CPU would you suggest ? :)

Solution
Hello Community!

I want to upgrade my old Ryzen 5 1400 to a Ryzen 7 2700X and i was wondering if it is suitable although it is not on the official list of supported CPU's.
The reason i want to upgrade is because the old CPU bottlenecks my GTX 1070Ti so i am looking around for a new suitable CPU.

What do you guys think? Would it fit anyway if i update my bios or is it just impossible? If it is impossible with this mainboard which CPU would you suggest ? :)
It is on the list, they forgot to list x model but it's same thing just better binned.
Yes, all you need to do is to update BIOS. (v 4.50).
Hello Community!

It is on the list, they forgot to list x model but it's same thing just better binned.
Yes, all you need to do is to update BIOS. (v 4.50).

Reactions: Pader1305
Solution