• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Ryzen 7 2700X on ASROCK AB350M Mainboard

Jul 7, 2020
Hello Community!

I want to upgrade my old Ryzen 5 1400 to a Ryzen 7 2700X and i was wondering if it is suitable although it is not on the official list of supported CPU's.
The reason i want to upgrade is because the old CPU bottlenecks my GTX 1070Ti so i am looking around for a new suitable CPU.

My mainboard is a ASROCK AB350M.

What do you guys think? Would it fit anyway if i update my bios or is it just impossible? If it is impossible with this mainboard which CPU would you suggest ? :)

Hello Community!

I want to upgrade my old Ryzen 5 1400 to a Ryzen 7 2700X and i was wondering if it is suitable although it is not on the official list of supported CPU's.
The reason i want to upgrade is because the old CPU bottlenecks my GTX 1070Ti so i am looking around for a new suitable CPU.

My mainboard is a ASROCK AB350M.

What do you guys think? Would it fit anyway if i update my bios or is it just impossible? If it is impossible with this mainboard which CPU would you suggest ? :)
It is on the list, they forgot to list x model but it's same thing just better binned.
Yes, all you need to do is to update BIOS. (v 4.50).

Reactions: Pader1305

ASK THE COMMUNITY