Oct 5, 2022
Hello everyone,

first of my specs
GPU: 3060 ti
CPU: ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard : Asus PRIME X570-P
Ram : 16 gb 3200mhz

games i play : gta , valorant , mw2 , dayz, battelfield

i had the idea to change my current cpu to the 7 5700x and was wondering if im going to see any fps changes ,more than like 5% or so
i bought the pc of someone and i couldnt ask him or any friends if its a smart move , so im asking u guys .
The 7 5700x would cost me 250- 300€ , if theres an other cpu where i would see a change in fps pls tell me.

Wish u all a good day

Last edited:
What country are you in? It might make more sense, depending on your country and whether the parts are even available to you at a reasonable price, to jump directly to Zen 4 rather than 3.

Certainly you'll see some gains from moving to 5700x from 3700x but if you can get something even newer within a reasonable range of the same price, it would make a lot more sense.

How much memory do you have installed and what is the advertised speed of that memory kit? Exact kit model would be helpful.

Oct 5, 2022
What country are you in? It might make more sense, depending on your country and whether the parts are even available to you at a reasonable price, to jump directly to Zen 4 rather than 3.

Certainly you'll see some gains from moving to 5700x from 3700x but if you can get something even newer within a reasonable range of the same price, it would make a lot more sense.

How much memory do you have installed and what is the advertised speed of that memory kit? Exact kit model would be helpful.

i live in germany
and hab 16 gb ram 3200 mhz

You should notice a little difference. In the USA though if you jumped to zen 4, you’d be at 300 for a 7600x, cheapest board is 200 and they aren’t even released yet, then tack on another 150 at least for ddr5. So you are talking 650-700 vs 225-250 in U.S. dollars. Will the 5700x be a huge upgrade? Not earth shattering but should help a little. One dark horse option you have is a 5800x3d. That would be more in the 400 dollar range, but if you look at benchmarks you can see that it can sometimes hang with the am5 cpus.

View: https://youtu.be/Hg2-QRvqcUI

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Yeah it’s totally up to you but if you are going to build on am5 I might give it a few months to let them work things out. A friend of mine who is knowledgeable enough to be a pc tech, he actually was for a while, bought a 7900x, AsRock x670e board, etc and had issues. He ended up actually taking his pc to Microcenter where he bought all his parts to have them troubleshoot it which is a bit surprising because I have an idea of his knowledge and how meticulous he is with his pc.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Oct 5, 2022
You should notice a little difference. In the USA though if you jumped to zen 4, you’d be at 300 for a 7600x, cheapest board is 200 and they aren’t even released yet, then tack on another 150 at least for ddr5. So you are talking 650-700 vs 225-250 in U.S. dollars. Will the 5700x be a huge upgrade? Not earth shattering but should help a little. One dark horse option you have is a 5800x3d. That would be more in the 400 dollar range, but if you look at benchmarks you can see that it can sometimes hang with the am5 cpus.

View: https://youtu.be/Hg2-QRvqcUI
thanks for the idea of buying the 5800x3d , im going to think about it
but jumping to zen 4 and having to spend 650 - 700 in usd is a big jump for me , but i keep it in my head

Reactions: ohio_buckeye
Hello everyone,

first of my specs
GPU: 3060 ti
CPU: ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard : Asus PRIME X570-P
Ram : 16 gb 3200mhz

games i play : gta , valorant , mw2 , dayz, battelfield

i had the idea to change my current cpu to the 7 5700x and was wondering if im going to see any fps changes ,more than like 5% or so
i bought the pc of someone and i couldnt ask him or any friends if its a smart move , so im asking u guys .
The 7 5700x would cost me 250- 300€ , if theres an other cpu where i would see a change in fps pls tell me.

Wish u all a good day
Assuming you aren't GPU limited then you'd see more than 5%. It's not an upgrade I would make personally, may I ask what prompted the desire to upgrade, is there something not performing to your liking with the 3700X?

Going from the 3700x to the 5700x is a 26% increase in single core performance and a 17% increase in multithreaded performance. Whether that translates directly into a specific percentage gain while gaming or running any particular task depends almost entirely on how CPU dependent that process is and whether it favors single or multi core processing.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-3700X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-5700X/3485vs4814

Reactions: Nighthawk117
thanks for the idea of buying the 5800x3d , im going to think about it
but jumping to zen 4 and having to spend 650 - 700 in usd is a big jump for me , but i keep it in my head

The other way you could approach is that new cards should be coming out soon, so you could upgrade the gpu, sell your current card to recoup part of the money, then if you feel you needed a cpu upgrade you should still be able to update to one of the zen 3 cpus. Just another angle.

TRENDING THREADS