[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 5800X with Kraken X63 RGB

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 10, 2021
Hi.
I built my first PC. The temp reading is from NZXT CAM. The lowest idle CPU temperature of my CPU is 36C when I covered both sides of my PC case which is Corsair ICUE 4000X RGB. At the front, I replaced three stock fans with three Corsair H150i RGB magnetic levitation fans with maximum performance of spinning at 2400RPM. As running a stress test it's about 80C-90C. Is Kraken X63 RGB enough for 5800X if I do not overclock my CPU? Is Z73 have better performance than X63? In addition, I applied Arctic MX-5 thermal paste onto my CPU. Will the temp of my 5800X be lower if changing better 280mm AIO cooler, if any?

One more question, I know kraken Z63 have no RGB effects but seems it has better cooling performance than that of X63. Is Z63 a good value to go for cooling improvement from X63 for 5800X?
Your thoughts appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
X63 280 performs better than some 360 model when CPU is fully loaded.
The fans can make the difference.
The AIO market has stagnated, with much of it being the 'same ol, same ol', save for the fans. 140mm typically move more air than 120mm while having a nicer sound profile.
In noise-normalized testing, this means that the coolers using 140mm fans can break even, or even surpass ones with 120mm.
Aug 10, 2021
This reviewer is noticing the same thing. I'm interested to see how you resolve this, a relative is looking to get a 5800X for a content creation build.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79659veYsSM
Moreover, if temperature is very important I would recommend 5900x with double CCX chipset which gives better performance and lower temperature. You may check this benchmark which also suggests 5800X’s not good for OC.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
X63 280 performs better than some 360 model when CPU is fully loaded.
The fans can make the difference.
The AIO market has stagnated, with much of it being the 'same ol, same ol', save for the fans. 140mm typically move more air than 120mm while having a nicer sound profile.
In noise-normalized testing, this means that the coolers using 140mm fans can break even, or even surpass ones with 120mm.

Solution