Nov 19, 2022
B550-A Pro
Ryzen 7 5800x
16 gb (8×2) 3600mhz
Radeon 6800xt asrock
1000w gold psu
1tb m.2
2tb hdd

Made new build. Doesn't post with 5800x. CPU ez debug led. Have tried updating bios through like 5 different iterations with no luck. Have tried removing cmos battery and putting it back after 5 minute. No worky. Have tried using different ram and no use. Tried swapping the cpu with a Ryzen 5 5600g from a different working build and it worked. Post and booted into bios no problem. Tried putting 5800x into the build the 5600g came from and that build didn't post. The 5600g build has it's own graphics card; I am aware the 5800x needs one. I'm inclined to believe it's the cpu that's the issue, but I received a 5800x before this one with the exact same issues. Returned that one to Amazon because I assumed the cpu to be the issue. But receiving another brand new one with the same problems? I can't be so unlucky to receive 2 dead cpus in a row right? Or maybe the first one wasn't even dead and I did something incorrect? I need your help!

Nov 19, 2022
Just for curiosity sake does the 5600g post when the 6800xt is installed and you plug the monitor into that? For it to not see 2 cpus is strange. I’ve worked on PCs for years as a tech and I think have only seen about 2 failed cpus. So 2 new ones to appear bad says motherboard or other factors.
Yeah I plug the monitor into the 6800xt.

Nov 19, 2022
Hey there,

After the bios update, did you clear CMOS? If not, you need to do this. Then test again. Let us know how that goes.
I have tried clearing it and it did not fix it but something new did happen. The computer turned itself off after like 40 seconds. This probably happened because I tested it without a cooler this time. Was going to shut it off manually after a minute. It turned itself off before the minute was up. I have done the minute method before and turned the computer off manually prior to this. Odd, but the fact that it turned itself off has to mean something right? I am going bonkers.

Nov 19, 2022
I have tried clearing it and it did not fix it but something new did happen. The computer turned itself off after like 40 seconds. This probably happened because I tested it without a cooler this time. Was going to shut it off manually after a minute. It turned itself off before the minute was up. I have done the minute method before and turned the computer off manually prior to this. Odd, but the fact that it turned itself off has to mean something right? I am going bonkers.
I've put a cooler on it after shut off and no luck. Forgot to add that note

Yes, the PC will shut down without cooling to protect the CPU.

Nov 19, 2022
Nov 19, 2022
Is the 6800xt in when you try to power it up? @ohio_buckeye suggested taking it out, and using the iGPU on the 5600g to boot up. If this worked, then it could be your PSU that's causing the issue. What exact make and model?
It worked using the 5600g iGPU. It might be the psu then? I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject so I don't know. I've tried using a different 4 pin connector the psu box supplied but that didn't work either. I've also tried the 5800x in a working X570 Aorus Elite build but that didn't post either.

It worked using the 5600g iGPU. It might be the psu then? I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject so I don't know. I've tried using a different 4 pin connector the psu box supplied but that didn't work either. I've also tried the 5800x in a working X570 Aorus Elite build but that didn't post either.

It could be that the PSU is failing, which is unlikely but possible.

Maybe bring to a local store and get them to swap out the PSU with something comparable and see how it goes. Only way to go, short of buying a new PSU, when you don't know exactly if it's the issue.

Nov 19, 2022
It could be that the PSU is failing, which is unlikely but possible.

Maybe bring to a local store and get them to swap out the PSU with something comparable and see how it goes. Only way to go, short of buying a new PSU, when you don't know exactly if it's the issue.
I have an EVGA 450 BV(working) and a Rosewill 450w bronze psu(working). I've tried it with the EVGA 450 BV, used an old rx 470 instead of the 6800xt so there wouldn't be a power problem, and no dice. I could try the rosewill as well but I am a wee bit lazy.

Nov 19, 2022
A 450 watt psu with a 6800xt? According to this you should be be using at least a 750 watt psu.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt

Not saying for sure but perhaps this is part of the reason you aren’t posting if the only gpu you are using is the 6800xt, which why you’d run a 6800xt on a 450 watt cpu to begin with who knows.
I used an RX 470 with the 450w, and 6800xt with the 1000w (overkill, ik). The 5800x is meant to pair with the 1000w and 6800xt. I just used the 450w to test if the psu was the problem (I used the 450w w/ the RX 470 and 5800x so no power problems would occur), but it doesn't seem to be the case? Idk I'll have to hook up the Rosewill 450w to be sure.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Nov 19, 2022
Better to rule it out completely.

Hard to rule out a mobo issue either.
I tried a Ryzen 5 5600x in the build and it didn't work either so I suspect it's a mobo issue? I hear a little beep 45 seconds into post, so that's new. I don't know why the 5600g works with it but the others don't. I've tried the 1000w psu in other builds and that has worked in all of them.

I tried a Ryzen 5 5600x in the build and it didn't work either so I suspect it's a mobo issue? I hear a little beep 45 seconds into post, so that's new. I don't know why the 5600g works with it but the others don't. I've tried the 1000w psu in other builds and that has worked in all of them.
You're changing out all PSU cables when you swap, correct?

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Nov 19, 2022
I have one short beep 45 seconds into post. I tried searching up beep codes for my bios, but according to msi forums that means boot successful? I am very not happy