Question Ryzen 7 5800x3D temperatures

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
I just bought this CPU and it is a major step up from what I had (3600) but I am pretty paranoid about temperatures.
When I am idling and not doing anything. It rests around 50c... when I am watching a youtube video it can range from 65 to 70c.... similarily, and confusingly, I run temps around 65 to 72c when playing Cyberpunk. I originally thought I had lower temps before I had to do something which required me to remove the cooler again and reapply the paste. When I put the cooler back on it was kind of a pain in the ass to get the screw to line up with the hole so I ended up sliding the cooler which might have spread the paste unevenly? Idk, am I just being paranoid about this or does anyone have any personal experience with this CPU. Below are my specs

ASUS RTX 3060 12gb
Ryzen 7 5800x3D
ASUS Prime B550m-a
RM650x
16gb DDR4 3200mhz
1tb Samsung Evo

Colif

Win 11 Master
i saw you got one... i just found link and thought it was on topic, if not late :)

Good luck with the idle temps. currently sitting on 28c. Have to resist adjusting fan curve now as its only 2c outside. I suspect doing it at a warmer time would be better for average temps