Question Ryzen 7 7800x3D issues?

May 13, 2024
Hi I am currently looking for some confirmation on an issue that I was having. (FYI My CPU and Motherboard are already in the process of being replaced)

My current specs are:

CPU- Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU- RTX 4080 Super
RAM - Trident DDR5 6400 64GB
Cooler- Lian Li Galahad II + 7 other cans (6 are intake and 4 are exhaust-including radiator)
PSU- Corsair RM 1000e

This is my 2nd PC build and the first time I have ran into this issue. I built the PC and Windows installed and even played Overwatch for a little bit, I noticed OW decided to crash on me a few times and I figured it was possibly a file error. So I attempted to repair the Files, as soon as I did that, my CPU temp shot up to about 91C and froze so I shut it off immediately. When i turned it back on, I noticed my CPU was was getting temps of 50-60 C when just browsing on Chrome.

Out of concern, I took it to MicroCenter to have it looked at and they said "you have 2 logical core defects on your cpu causing it to throttle". I also noticed there were some bent CPU socket pins on my motherboard.

As dumb of a question this is going to sound like, I just wanted confirmation.

Could the bent pins and logical core defects actually be the reason my CPU would throttle and cause my cooler to over reacted / causing overwatch to crash etc?

Thank you for your time.

Hi I am currently looking for some confirmation on an issue that I was having. (FYI My CPU and Motherboard are already in the process of being replaced)

My current specs are:

CPU- Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU- RTX 4080 Super
RAM - Trident DDR5 6400 64GB
Cooler- Lian Li Galahad II + 7 other cans (6 are intake and 4 are exhaust-including radiator)
PSU- Corsair RM 1000e

This is my 2nd PC build and the first time I have ran into this issue. I built the PC and Windows installed and even played Overwatch for a little bit, I noticed OW decided to crash on me a few times and I figured it was possibly a file error. So I attempted to repair the Files, as soon as I did that, my CPU temp shot up to about 91C and froze so I shut it off immediately. When i turned it back on, I noticed my CPU was was getting temps of 50-60 C when just browsing on Chrome.

Out of concern, I took it to MicroCenter to have it looked at and they said "you have 2 logical core defects on your cpu causing it to throttle". I also noticed there were some bent CPU socket pins on my motherboard.

As dumb of a question this is going to sound like, I just wanted confirmation.

Could the bent pins and logical core defects actually be the reason my CPU would throttle and cause my cooler to over reacted / causing overwatch to crash etc?

Thank you for your time.
Having bent pins is a nightmare for the pc. Every pin has a job to do, knock one out and you have an incomplete functioning cpu.

Reactions: phaseace
Hang on until you get the replacements.
A bent cpu pin may or may not impact you.
If, for example, it managed ram above 128gb and you have less ram, it may not matter.
A moot point since your parts have been deemed defective.

Is your ram kit officially supported?
Either on the motherboard ram QVL list, or on the G.skil ram selection app?
ryzen is sensitive to ram compatibility.

May 13, 2024
Hang on until you get the replacements.
A bent cpu pin may or may not impact you.
If, for example, it managed ram above 128gb and you have less ram, it may not matter.
A moot point since your parts have been deemed defective.

Is your ram kit officially supported?
Either on the motherboard ram QVL list, or on the G.skil ram selection app?
ryzen is sensitive to ram compatibility.
I apologize, I should have specified the motherboard I am using.

I am utilizing a X670E Aorus Pro X, and my RAM is G. Skill Trident Z5 RBG Series (F5-6400J3239G32GX2-TZ5RK) . On the Gigabyte Website for the motherboard, it shows that it supports the RAM stick. Do you think maybe having the XMP profile on would have malfunctioned the CPU?

While XMP is an Intel capability that can extract ram settings from the module itself, ryzen motherboards usually have the ability to do the same. They call it EXPO.
If one can run memtest with NO errors, your ram is almost certainly suitably compatible.
On new ryzen motherboards there will usually be a fair number of bios updates, some relating to ram compatibility.

Reactions: phaseace