Info Ryzen 7000 fixes have actually made my new build better!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CeltPC

Honorable
Jun 8, 2017
Hey there,

Yeah, this has become standard fair for Ryzen/mobo suppliers. Same with the 1st gen 1xxx series/2nd/3rd/4thgen. A slew of releases literally a few days apart. Particularly, with new gen hardware you will always get this anyway.

On the matter of the bios update itself, well I differ with some on this. Having been a Ryzen owner for 5+ years, it's par for the course, and very common place (as you've experienced) to update the bios. People saying 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it) are living in the past. Now a bios update is more akin to a driver install or OS update..

I take a pragmatic approach with bios upgrades. Test at stock on your proffered bios, and then again with a newer one. Do the tests show improvements? Then you know there's something to be gained performance wise. If not, then roll back. Bios updates also bring performance increases for the CPU, mem compatibility etc.

Super important though - remember to clear CMOS after each bios update.
Good advice, Roland. I am now at BIOS 1616 (Combo AM5 PI 1.0.0.7.a), and seeing voltages right where I would want them with running both EXPO Tweaked and AI Overclock.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

CeltPC

Honorable
Jun 8, 2017
After a few weeks running BIOS 1616 (Combo AM5 PI 1.0.0.7.a), I am still happy with voltages, temps, performance and stability. No issues at all and the updated policy and warranty from Asus have me cruising worry free :)

TRENDING THREADS