Question Ryzen 7000 no boot, Yellow light on mobo turning on and off

Oct 6, 2024
So I was upgrading to Ryzen 7000 series for the first time. Before doing the full build I was testing it out on an open bench before building. Got the mobo cpu and ram from ryans. All other parts were from my previous build which was in perfect condition.
But when it booted up there was no display output. The motherboard yellow debug light turned on, stayed on for a few seconds and then turned off. Then after a few seconds on, then off again. This continued with the fan spinning and ram light on and the pc does not post.
Tried changing the ram sticks, ram slots, tried a single ram stick, tried removing the cmos battery and re inserting after 10 mins, tried shorting the JBAT1 pins for 10 seconds, tried connecting a gpu to get the display output, tried it without any storage devices connected. No luck. Still the yellow light slow on-off and no display.

Specs:
Cpu: Ryzen 7600x
Mobo: Msi B650M Mortar Wifi
Ram: Corsair Vengeance Rgb 16gbx2 6000mhz (Says XMP ready on the box, but i should get to atleast Bios with it right?)
Psu: Antec HCG Extreme 1000w
SSD: Transcend SATA SSD

Last edited:

triplex1

Upstanding
Jun 2, 2024
So I was upgrading to Ryzen 7000 series for the first time. Before doing the full build I was testing it out on an open bench before building. Got the mobo cpu and ram from ryans. All other parts were from my previous build which was in perfect condition.
But when it booted up there was no display output. The motherboard yellow debug light turned on, stayed on for a few seconds and then turned off. Then after a few seconds on, then off again. This continued with the fan spinning and ram light on and the pc does not post.
Tried changing the ram sticks, ram slots, tried a single ram stick, tried removing the cmos battery and re inserting after 10 mins, tried shorting the JBAT1 pins for 10 seconds, tried connecting a gpu to get the display output, tried it without any storage devices connected. No luck. Still the yellow light slow on-off and no display.

Specs:
Cpu: Ryzen 7600x
Mobo: Msi B650M Mortar Wifi
Ram: Corsair Vengeance Rgb 16gbx2 6000mhz
Psu: Antec HCG Extreme 1000w
SSD: Transcend SATA SSD
Look at the motherboard pins in the socket for the processor.....someone must have gone wrong