[SOLVED] Ryzen 9 3900x CPU - will I need a graphics card to run bios setup? does this use integrated graphics card? I have a Rog Strix E X570 Motherboard

Nov 4, 2020
Ryzen 9 3900x CPU - will I need a graphics card to run bios setup? does this use an integrated graphics card? I have a Rog Strix E X570 Motherboard.

I have had problems with a black screen on a new build. I downloaded new bios and it loaded but still a black screen. I have no GPU apart from the on board one.

Solution
The motherboard display connections (HDMI, Display Port, etc) are only there to support a CPU that has an integrated graphics processor.

With a CPU without integrated graphics such as the 3900X, the motherboard connections are not used.

You need a separate graphics card and you'll connect your display(s) to the connections on the graphics card.

wyliec2

Splendid
Apr 4, 2014
The motherboard display connections (HDMI, Display Port, etc) are only there to support a CPU that has an integrated graphics processor.

With a CPU without integrated graphics such as the 3900X, the motherboard connections are not used.

You need a separate graphics card and you'll connect your display(s) to the connections on the graphics card.

Solution