Question Ryzen 9 3900X Speed Stuck at 2.81GHz

Jan 23, 2022
Hi all,

I updated my graphics card last night and since this morning my CPU speed is stuck at 2.81. Fresh boot, 1 game open, 3 games open, anything, it doesn't change. I notice my games aren't as smooth as they were.

Some of my other specs so you have the list:

GPU: GeForce RTX 2080Ti
PSU: RM850x
MOBO: X570 Aorus Master

Any guidance on this would be sincerely appreciated! Let me know if anything looks out of whack or if there is other information I can provide to help give a clearer picture.

Thank you so much!!!!

UAT2Oya.jpg

Jan 23, 2022
Hey, thanks so much for the reply! So I went through all of my drivers to double check their status, did this by 1) updating via Device Manager and 2) after that I went to their respective sites to assure the version was the same for the most up to date.

My BIOS was however out of date, I just updated that, but upon reboot my CPU speed is still showing exactly 2.81. It doesn't fluctuate at all, it stays exactly at 2.81.

For updates I checked my CPU, GPU, and system firmware. Are there some I'm missing that could possibly help with this? Any thing else you can think of? Any other information or specs you need from me?

Okay editing my reply due to more investigating, still no solution but did encounter another thing.

So I have noticed I am unable to install Ryzen Master, it runs the installer and says successful, but doesn't actually install it, nothing on desktop, nothing in add/remove programs, and also doesn't actually make the folder for the application.
I have run the AMD Cleanup Utility, it said it got rid of some things but I still am unable to install the actual application. Someone had said to possibly fix the stalled CPU speed, to reset via Ryzen Master, but I can't seem to install it. I have no Ryzen folders in my C drive either, I've also go no folders for Ryzen Master inside of the regedit to delete or adjust.

Perplexed.

Last edited: