[SOLVED] Ryzen 9 3950x Boost clock speed

Jun 28, 2020
Hi Guys,

Facing an issue here, my ryzen 9 3950x it just gives a maximum clock speed of about 4.1 ghz while stress testing on cinebench . how can i get the advertised speed of 4.7 ghz . i have installed an nzxt kraken x62 and the motherboard would be msi mpg x570. the temperatures go upto 66 degrees at max.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Hi Guys,

Facing an issue here, my ryzen 9 3950x it just gives a maximum clock speed of about 4.1 ghz while stress testing on cinebench . how can i get the advertised speed of 4.7 ghz . i have installed an nzxt kraken x62 and the motherboard would be msi mpg x570. the temperatures go upto 66 degrees at max.

thanks in advance
Did you enable PBO boost ?

Hi Guys,

thanks in advance
You're not going to get 4.7ghz while running multicore cinebench. You're right where you should be at 4.1-4.2ghz. You'll only hit 4.7 in light single core applications.

Reactions: Makaveli
Jun 28, 2020
What clockspeed do you get in single-core cinebench?

Rated boost clocks will only occur on 1 core at a time
The weird part is that the clock speed remains stable at 4.2 GHz it doesn’t fluctuate at all . So I didn’t see any difference while using adobe after effects but a good boost while working on cinema 4d and 3ds max