Question Ryzen 9 5900x issues

Feb 24, 2023
hey there, noob questions inbound

Bought the 5900x yesterday to replace my 3700x. Motherboard is a Gigabyte B450M DS3H. Immediately started having problems once swapping the two. Successfully flashed the BIOS, then got it to post. After testing Modern Warfare 2 I blue screened and couldn’t get it to post at all, just a black screen, no BIOS. After an hour or so of trying we pulled ram from 1 and 3 and it posted. Wasn’t aware that 2 of my ram sticks didn’t match the other. 2 Corsair vengeance DDR4 3600MHz and 2 Corsair vengeance DDR4 3200MHz. So would that be a memory leak? I have the two 3600 ones in right now in slots 2 and 4. Temps are in the high 70’s mid 80’s most of the time gaming or downloading. I know it runs hot but I’m not sure if that’s bad for it? Using a thermal-take water 3.0 120mm for the CPU as well. Idle temps were like 50 and up. I saw on another forum the VRM on this B450M might not be ideal with the 5900x? Lol I have no idea what I’m doing any help would be rad. Not sure if I should just return it and wait until I can get a new motherboard? Or if it might be a psu issue? Any help would be awesome.

Kona45primo

Honorable
Jan 16, 2021
You did it right, just keep the 2 sticks of 3600hmz in there. Confirm you're running XMP speed.

Need to know the case and you can decide between air or aio cou cooling. Might be a good idea to add a downfiring fan above the CPU on top of the case to breath some fresh air over the VRM..