Question Ryzen 9 7950X temp out of control ?

tomafantomas

Honorable
Jan 2, 2018
Hi, one month ago I bought a new AIO, a Lian LI Galahad II LCD and I was happy with the performance, I was hitting 85c in cinebench with 220w and 5.3ghz all core with a 25 negative offset undervolt

Fast-forward to a few days ago, I started having random restarts, jus sitting on desktop, or random games crashing

So i just thought that the undervolt somehow got unstable and changed it to 20 negative offset and to be sure it is stable I started testing the cpu and to my surprise, I've seen a huge temp increase and huge performance decrease, hitting 95c instantly at 180w and 4,9ghz all core

Things I tried:
  • Remounting the AIO (and somehow I managed to strip 2 mounting screws on only one thermal paste change)
  • Resetting and reapplying bios settings
  • Downgrading to the last BIOS version
  • Reinstalling Windows

Nothing changed between these temp changes, same Windows, same bios settings, same everything, just randomly started losing performance. I don't know where the root of the problem lies, I started a warranty claim on the Lian Li website to try and see if there was any factory problems with the AIO, being a new product

PC SPECS:
CPU: Ryzen 9 7950X
MOBO: Asus STRIX x670E-E
RAM: 32gb 6000mts TridentZ NEO
PSU: 1000w Corsiar RM1000x
GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Gaming TRIO

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I reach 90-91c in games for a few seconds, but that's a 10c increase at least since the last time I checked.

Lutfij

Titan
For the sake of reference, what BIOS version are you ion right now? Make and model of the case and it's orientation/mounting in the case?

Remounting the AIO (and somehow I managed to strip 2 mounting screws on only one thermal paste change)

You might want reach out to Lian-Li to get a new mounting kit since you mention the threads being stripped but I suspect the AIO being the issue. Maybe the pump block ended up having cavitation.

tomafantomas

Honorable
Jan 2, 2018
For the sake of reference, what BIOS version are you ion right now? Make and model of the case and it's orientation/mounting in the case?

Remounting the AIO (and somehow I managed to strip 2 mounting screws on only one thermal paste change)
You might want reach out to Lian-Li to get a new mounting kit since you mention the threads being stripped but I suspect the AIO being the issue. Maybe the pump block ended up having cavitation.
I have a Lian Li o11 EVO XL with 10 fans, so no problem on the airflow part, I'll start a RMA process for the AIO