Question Ryzen 9 9950x - fTPM Not Working

Oct 20, 2024
I just setup a new build, below is my motherboard and processor.
STRIX B650E-F
Ryzen 9 9950X

However, fTPM does not seem to work for me. I created this thread after giving up on trying everything. Toggling fTPM on/off in BIOS, re-seating the CPU, clear CMOS, re-flashing BIOS, fresh Windows installation. It just doesn't get detected in Windows. I also get a message "No Security Devices Found" under "Trusted Computing". Firmware TPM Switch is already set to "Enable Firmware TPM".

I am not sure if it is because of the new CPU or not. I'd like to get some help regarding it.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

STRIX B650E-F
+
re-flashing BIOS
For the sake of relevance, can you state the BIOS version you tried flashing onto the board?

clear CMOS
Did you perform this step after flashing the BIOS? That's what you're advised on doing after you've verified your BIOS was flashed successfully.

I am not sure if it is because of the new CPU or not.
Please elaborate.

Oct 20, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

STRIX B650E-F
+
re-flashing BIOS
For the sake of relevance, can you state the BIOS version you tried flashing onto the board?

clear CMOS
Did you perform this step after flashing the BIOS? That's what you're advised on doing after you've verified your BIOS was flashed successfully.

Please elaborate.
Hi,

I used the bios version 3040 that comes with AGESA PI 1.2.0.2 and that's the latest one.

And, yes I cleared CMOS after flashing.

About the new CPU, I mean Ryzen 9 9950x was released recently and the motherboard might not have the support for fTPM yet. That's what I am thinking but not totally sure.

Lutfij

Titan
Usually the way it works is that if you're on the latest BIOS version(which you clearly are) and you drop in a new processor, you're flagged with a fTPM message after POST and you're asked to proceed with a yes or no option. I'm leaning on the board/BIOS being the issue.

According to this;
you merely need BIOS version 2613 in order to work with a 9950x on that socket, try and reflash to 2613 or 2616, clear the CMOS and then see if that works.

As for clearing the CMOS, disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power, replace the CMOS battery after 30mins.

It just doesn't get detected in Windows.
+
So you performed a processor upgrade?

Oct 20, 2024
Usually the way it works is that if you're on the latest BIOS version(which you clearly are) and you drop in a new processor, you're flagged with a fTPM message after POST and you're asked to proceed with a yes or no option. I'm leaning on the board/BIOS being the issue.

According to this;
you merely need BIOS version 2613 in order to work with a 9950x on that socket, try and reflash to 2613 or 2616, clear the CMOS and then see if that works.

As for clearing the CMOS, disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power, replace the CMOS battery after 30mins.

It just doesn't get detected in Windows.
+
So you performed a processor upgrade?
I wasn't given any message to clear the fTPM either during my first boot. Even after I took out my processor and put it back to see if it works, I didn't get that message. I know the message you are referring to, and it's weird that it's just not working. I am gonna try to downgrade the bios version to 2613 and reply back with the results after clearing CMOS.

As for the last question, nope it is a brand new build. All the components are new, I put them together and I can't seem to get TPM working. Even the windows 11 Setup didn't detect it, and I had to bypass it using registry to install the OS.

Lutfij

Titan
As for the last question, nope it is a brand new build.
Noted. Can you please pass on your specs like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Would you happen to have a friend or neighbor who owns a B650 chipset board or any AM5 board with the right BIOS version to drop your processor onto, just to see if you can get POST off of said donor board? You can also try and drop a known working processor onto the socket and see if that rules out your board as the issue/culprit.

Oct 20, 2024
As for the last question, nope it is a brand new build.
Noted. Can you please pass on your specs like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
CPU: Ryzen 9 9950X
CPU cooler: Deepcool LS720SE
Motherboard: Asus Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi
Ram: 2x32gb DDR5 Corsair Vengeance 6400mhz
SSD/HDD: Kingston KC3000 4tb SSD
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 OC
PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 1200W
Chassis: Corsair 5000D

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone that has a PC :/ Just laptop users.
So I'm unable to test it out.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS