Question Ryzen 9 9950x - fTPM Not Working

Oct 20, 2024
I just setup a new build, below is my motherboard and processor.
STRIX B650E-F
Ryzen 9 9950X

However, fTPM does not seem to work for me. I created this thread after giving up on trying everything. Toggling fTPM on/off in BIOS, re-seating the CPU, clear CMOS, re-flashing BIOS, fresh Windows installation. It just doesn't get detected in Windows. I also get a message "No Security Devices Found" under "Trusted Computing". Firmware TPM Switch is already set to "Enable Firmware TPM".

I am not sure if it is because of the new CPU or not. I'd like to get some help regarding it.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

STRIX B650E-F
+
re-flashing BIOS
For the sake of relevance, can you state the BIOS version you tried flashing onto the board?

clear CMOS
Did you perform this step after flashing the BIOS? That's what you're advised on doing after you've verified your BIOS was flashed successfully.

I am not sure if it is because of the new CPU or not.
Please elaborate.

Oct 20, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

STRIX B650E-F
+
re-flashing BIOS
For the sake of relevance, can you state the BIOS version you tried flashing onto the board?

clear CMOS
Did you perform this step after flashing the BIOS? That's what you're advised on doing after you've verified your BIOS was flashed successfully.

I am not sure if it is because of the new CPU or not.
Please elaborate.
Hi,

I used the bios version 3040 that comes with AGESA PI 1.2.0.2 and that's the latest one.

And, yes I cleared CMOS after flashing.

About the new CPU, I mean Ryzen 9 9950x was released recently and the motherboard might not have the support for fTPM yet. That's what I am thinking but not totally sure.

TRENDING THREADS