Question Ryzen Master Curve Optimizer

Frigozzo

Reputable
Jul 22, 2021
I don't want to overclock but since there is the option to apply the curve optmizer to all core would you guys recommend using it?
Also i was interested in the eco-mode to switch to when i'm doing light work.
But i never used the ryzen master app except to check on temperatures and frequency

I don't want to overclock but since there is the option to apply the curve optmizer to all core would you guys recommend using it?
Also i was interested in the eco-mode to switch to when i'm doing light work.
But i never used the ryzen master app except to check on temperatures and frequency
Hey there,

Yes, RM is good for a once click solution. Let it run (it may take hours, and might restart a number of times). Once done, it will tell you the all core offset. It gives you the option to apply the new settings in the bios, but I found when using it previously, that I had to go into the bios and apply the offset manually. My CPU was running with a -30 offset on all cores.

With all of that said, these things can be done from the bios without RM. But it involves a lot of testing in the users part to see the results. RM does the testing for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Frigozzo

Reputable
Jul 22, 2021
Hey there,

Yes, RM is good for a once click solution. Let it run (it may take hours, and might restart a number of times). Once done, it will tell you the all core offset. It gives you the option to apply the new settings in the bios, but I found when using it previously, that I had to go into the bios and apply the offset manually. My CPU was running with a -30 offset on all cores.

With all of that said, these things can be done from the bios without RM. But it involves a lot of testing in the users part to see the results. RM does the testing for you.
Are we talking about a lot of settings? I don't really like to put my hands in the bios that much

Kona45primo

Honorable
Jan 16, 2021
You can optimize your curves and it will give benefits. When I used the CO it recommended -30 across the board. I ended up doing -30 on all except for the 2 preferred (star) cores shown in Ryzen Master. I did -15 on the gold and -20 on the silver. Anything lower then that would cause occasional issues with the +200mhz boost override I also added. 5700x

Hotrod2go

Prominent
Jun 12, 2023
Don't use RM, its bloatware & will weigh down your system at the desktop. Do all the PBO settings in bios, test & if stable under daily OS conditions, then good to go.

I haven't used Ryzen Master since first gen Ryzen, But I would play with Curve optimizer, its not really an overclock, It just changes where to apply more voltage at a given clock speed, You can increase your all core boost by playing with curve optimizer as the CPU just wont need to dump a ton of voltage when it doesn't need to.

You have to be careful though, Too much of an negative offset can make the CPU or cores unstable, and you may not even see it, but you may just have random things crash every now and then, or a random BSOD out of nowhere even though a stress test was fine for hours, I got BSOD's at idle if I had 1 core that was unstable, or I had issues once with Windows update, I thought windows just being windows, it was the Curve optimizer messing with something.

It can take some time to get each core as low as it can go, I got one core that will refuse to go below -12, but others that will happily go -30.

I use this, this will help find what core doesn't like an offset value, its not always guaranteed to find a unstable core though, if it fines one, it will yell at you in the CMD window, and you can fix it.

https://github.com/sp00n/corecycler

Good Luck!

The last time I used RM was with Zen+ in win 10 & it was buggy as... never touched it since.
Last versions are working fine and even have refinements for Zen5. Still, it's just SW and so dependent and influenced by OS and other SW. Most if not all automatic OC and other settings are actually mild comparing to what you can force thru BIOS/UEFI. It's main value is in monitoring.