Question Ryzen3600 higher than 70c shut down

Dec 10, 2019
I bought a computer yesterday,and my computer shut down when the temp higher than 70.What is the problem
Spec:
CPU:Ryzen3600
MB:asrock b450 pro4
Ram:Corsair 16gb ram 2666mhz
Power supply:antec 550w gold

We still have not received the most important info:

70C in idle or under load?

Idle, this CPU should remain between 30-40C, but that only happens when you have a proper 3rd party cooler. With stock one it is easily 10C more when idle.

If you get shutdowns even when idle, that can mean one of the following:

1. Your cooling is not properly installed (no contact or improper contact)
  2. CPU fan is not working
  3. Voltage on CPU is too high
  4. CPU is faulty

Also, you can most certainly change the CPU overheating protection temperature in BIOS. IDK what is the default one, but you can change it. However, that won't fix the underlying problem, it will only allow your CPU to reach higher temps and then most likely shutdown as well. Check your cooling.

Reactions: RodroX
When I run my Ryzen 5 3600 on the stock cooler (the one that came in the box) at hig loads (prime95 AVX On) I reached 92~93°C, but it never shutdown the system.

I would really check what herrwizo wrote, but I would start by making sure the stock cooler is properly sitted on the CPU and that on the Asrcok b450 pro4 BIOS the overtemperature protection option is set to atleast 90°.

Also theres no need for watercooler (of course feel free to do it if you can afford it) unless you live in a very extreme hot pace with high temps all year. I fixed my temps issues with a cheap DeepCool Gammaxx GTE, but even the inexpensive Gammaxx 400 will be an upgrade over the stock cooler. Keep in min that a 120mm radiator aio water cooler wont be better than an aftermarket tower cooler, so get atleast one with a 240mm radiator.

Dec 10, 2019
When I run my Ryzen 5 3600 on the stock cooler (the one that came in the box) at hig loads (prime95 AVX On) I reached 92~93°C, but it never shutdown the system.

I would really check what herrwizo wrote, but I would start by making sure the stock cooler is properly sitted on the CPU and that on the Asrcok b450 pro4 BIOS the overtemperature protection option is set to atleast 90°.

Also theres no need for watercooler (of course feel free to do it if you can afford it) unless you live in a very extreme hot pace with high temps all year. I fixed my temps issues with a cheap DeepCool Gammaxx GTE, but even the inexpensive Gammaxx 400 will be an upgrade over the stock cooler. Keep in min that a 120mm radiator aio water cooler wont be better than an aftermarket tower cooler, so get atleast one with a 240mm radiator.
my motherboard is asrock b450 and i cant find the overtemperature protection option in bios.