Question S431 Top Mouse Buttons not working

May 3, 2021
Recently got a Lenovo ThinkPad S431 and the right click on the top mouse buttons don't seem to work for some reason but the bottom right click does. When I turn it on in the settings it doesn't do anything and when I use the latest driver version on the Lenovo website it causes two finger scrolling to stop working and the top right click button still doesn't work. Does anybody have any ideas on how I can fix this? I've tried uninstalling the drivers and letting windows install it and the drivers on the Lenovo site made it worse. Using windows precision drivers didn't fix it either.

Lutfij

Titan
First off, make sure that the laptop is on the latest BIOS version. Second, check and see what OS version you're on assuming you're on Windows 10. Third, manually source all relevant drivers for your laptop, using the serial number on the bottom of your laptop to narrow down the drivers listed on support page. Fourth, manually install all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. If you're not suffering from a corrupt OS, and the drivers are in line with the hardware, then the issue may very well e with your right button located near the keyboard.

May 3, 2021
First off, make sure that the laptop is on the latest BIOS version. Second, check and see what OS version you're on assuming you're on Windows 10. Third, manually source all relevant drivers for your laptop, using the serial number on the bottom of your laptop to narrow down the drivers listed on support page. Fourth, manually install all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. If you're not suffering from a corrupt OS, and the drivers are in line with the hardware, then the issue may very well e with your right button located near the keyboard.
I've tried latest bios and the drivers off the website using the model number with no luck. It's strange because I felt like I got it to work before.

TRENDING THREADS