Sabretooth vs. Crosshair V Formula (and Thunderbolt)

Korvax

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2009
HI everybody!

I have three questions actually.

First, does anyone have or know where I can get a complete list of features for both the ASUS Sabretooth 990FX and the Crosshair V Formula mobos? I want to compare and see if they share the same features. For instance, the Sabretooth is listed as having TUF Thermal Radar, but the Crosshair V is not. I think it would be awesome if the Crosshair V did have that feature. Also, they both seem to have the CeraM!X thermal coating, even though it's not explicitly stated on any feature list of the Crosshair that I've seen thus far.

Second, what is the difference, if any, between the Crosshair V Formula "standard" version and the "Thunderbolt" version?

Finally, I find the posters on Tom's very well informed and educated. In the community's opinion, which of the two mobos (or three, if there are significant differences between the two Crosshair boards) would be most recommended for a new system I'm looking to build?

Thanks THW Community. I await your responses.

Solution
features for both the ASUS Sabretooth 990FX and the Crosshair V Formula mobos?

Ans. i guess u can get more in asus website but i found crosshair version built for gamers and O.C. Tuffer and support functionality. sabertooth is good but lacks features other than the manufacturerrs are concentrating on "CeraM!X thermal coating"... i asume u can use cooler master V8 and thermal paste and rest the crosshair does itself controlling the voltage and giving stability. As the new Fx chip processors are been unleashed on crosshair V board rather than ceramic One . :D

what is the difference, if any, between the Crosshair V Formula "standard" version and the "Thunderbolt" version?

Ans. simple no use of thunderbolt it is just an NIC killer card...

Korvax

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2009
@subairijas: I'm not looking to buy either of these right now. Please re-read the questions I posed, and, if you don't know the answers, don't reply. And this isn't the place to be touting your auctions.

@huntluck: I'm glad you like the Crosshair V Formula. I've read some awesome stuff about it. But you didn't answer my questions. Since you have the board, I'm sure you can offer me some info. BTW, nice profile pic.

medmn

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Pretty simple to compare them - Go to ASUS website, select motherboards under products, select am3+ socket, select 990fxa chipset.
abridged feature descriptions will come up for each board. Click on each board and add to compare list. Once you have all three boards selected
click on compare now.

You won't find any better way to compare them than at the manufacturer's website. There are all kinds of reviews on the net.
Answering your questions in the forum would take a lot of time and space - do your basic research and then if you don't find what you need
maybe someone would help you.

huntluck

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
features for both the ASUS Sabretooth 990FX and the Crosshair V Formula mobos?

Ans. i guess u can get more in asus website but i found crosshair version built for gamers and O.C. Tuffer and support functionality. sabertooth is good but lacks features other than the manufacturerrs are concentrating on "CeraM!X thermal coating"... i asume u can use cooler master V8 and thermal paste and rest the crosshair does itself controlling the voltage and giving stability. As the new Fx chip processors are been unleashed on crosshair V board rather than ceramic One . :D

what is the difference, if any, between the Crosshair V Formula "standard" version and the "Thunderbolt" version?

Ans. simple no use of thunderbolt it is just an NIC killer card coming along with it costing a bit higher. I have bought standard version and rest there is all the same with 1:1 ratio.

Solution