Safe to buy 9500 Pro OEM (Pricewatch)? Ebay safe?

Stressky

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2003
Hi,
Is it usually ok to buy a card listed as OEM? (Specifically a 9500 Pro from Pricewatch). What would a seller exactly mean by OEM, that it just doesn't come with a box or that it doesn't come with some of the cables I need to run the card? Also, is it ok to trust ebay for cards if I know how to ask the right questions?

pitsi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2003
My Sapphire Radeon 9500 Pro was OEM. This means that it came with the cables and its drivers, but no box or games. So when they say OEM, they mean that there is no box and any other extra software, other than the necessary software to operate that hardware.

Regarding eBay, I have done over 15 transactions there during the past two years with 0 problems. The main thing is to check the feedback of the seller you are buying from. If it is full of positive comments then you have nothing to be afraid of but if it is something like 2 or 3, then I wouldn't take any chances there! Also, make sure you read the listing very carefully and ask the seller any questions you may have before bidding.

Toester

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2002
" ask the seller any questions you may have before bidding."

very wise step.......especially when you're talkin' about a card!!!!

<font color=purple> We can't all be heros,someone has to stand on the sidewalk and clap!!