Question Safe to Sell?

fgocards

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
Hey guys,

I'm building a new gaming computer because my old system wasn't cutting it anymore, and we've got Crysis 2020 (Cyberpunk 2077) to test. What I need help with though is that I'm leery to sell my old one because of the boot issues it was experiencing but I THINK I may have figured it out.

Here's the old system built in 2014:
AMD Athlon x4 860K, stock cooler
MSI X88M-E35
16GB DDR3 G.Skill @ 1833 Mhz
512GB Silicon Power SATA SSD
Gigabyte 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5
Corsair CX430M Bronze Rated Power Supply

Issue: Intermittent issue of not powering on- fans in case spin up, but when power is pressed, there is no POST, no HDD light, nothing. Just the fans. Only happens when system is cold started, I did not have any BSOD, or issues with the system crashing. Windows did not display any boot errors when I would get around it finally.

When it first occurred I would toggle the power switch on a off a few times and eventually it would boot after 2-3 attempts. A few weeks ago when it didn't, even after 10+ attempts, I ruled it as a PSU issue. I replaced it with a EVGA 450 Watt White PSU, and it booted first time. What I did find though is that the 24 pin wasn't fully set on the CX430M, and I couldn't get it to set on the 450 EVGA either. It worked fine up until a few days ago when it did it once again, I togged the power, and it booted up again. I thought there's no way it could be the PSU then, so I reinstalled the CX430M last night, and gave that 24 pin all she's got, and FINALLY got it to fully seat. Guess what? Now I'm typing on the computer that wouldn't boot with the CX430M.

The reason I come here and ask is because I'm a halfway decent guy I like to think and I REALLY don't want to sell someone a dud, so has anyone else experienced this and can that 24 pin really cause that issue intermittently? What would you do if you were in my shoes since both PSUs experienced the issue before the 24 pin was seated?