Safest and best way to clean your PC?

Velmonte

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014
Had a hard time deciding where to put this thread, so the best possible one would be this I suppose.

I'm sure this a stupid question, but I'm new to this. Better safe than sorry. I need to clean out the dust in my PC, and was just wanting to find out the most effiecient and safest way to clean it out. I'm buying some of the pressurized air cans to use when doing this.

Also, I have a closed-loop liquid cooling installed in my rig. Will I need to factor this in when cleaning?

Any help would greatly appreciated!

The best way is to use those cans with short bursts of air. DO NOT use a vacuum, although I will have the nozzle close by where I am blowing to suck up the dust as it is blown out. You just have to be careful when doing that so you don't touch anything inside with the nozzle.

Agreed, though I see no point in unplugging the computer. Leaving it plugged it leaves it grounded which helps avoid any static charge damage.

I only clean my computer once every six months by removing the side panel and blowing compressed air for about ten seconds. You absolutely don't need to keep it pristine.