SALE: Holiday Games Heavily Discounted on Steam

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]I am sorry, but devs are now searching an easy way to make a few dollars... so they develop xbox 360 games and port them to the PC.I am sorry, but using PhysX over Havok, blocking ATI users the freedom to use Anti-aliasing and stupid rootkit protection with limited installs are pissing off PC users.You want to name it, here we go... Batman Arkham Asylum use of PhysX... ATI is the new king, for god sake let just blow this whole farce of PhysX!Modern Warfare 2... do i need to tell more?Bioshock limited installs...Microsoft swapping Alan Wake PC release for an exclusive deal spitting on the face of PC Remedy fanbase. Max Payne is a PC franchise and put Remedy on the map.And I could go on and on about the PC game devs not respecting PC user with abusive anti-piracy controls like the damn Games for Windows live crap that Microsoft want to make us swallow. I didn't buy a damn XBOX, so please just leave me be... I don't want a damn Games for Windows Live account![/citation]

Right on! Ditto, same here! Happy New Year.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]acecombat[/nom]I have no problem shelling out >$10 for a good PC game from steam. The problem is when they release games and expect $40-$80 for a game (I'm in Australia so the prices may be different for you guys) and then they end up being crappily censored (L4D2) because of stupid laws!!![/citation]
Eh, I usually disable the added gore anyway because it fills the screen up with junk and blinds you during online play.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Stupid pirates ruined the Dreamcast and killed SEGA's console future. Now they're ruining PC gaming too.

Stop justifying stealing something. If I'm hungry can I go steal a sandwich that's overpriced and tastes bad just because it's not worthy of my money? No! You're still a theif. If you want a game suck it up and buy it.

The only thing I hate more than invasive and irritating DRM is the pirates the necessitate it.

isamuelson

Distinguished
I just picked up Orange Box last night for less than $15. That's an excellent price to get Team Fortress 2, Portal, Half Life 2 (which I already have), HL2: EP1 and HL2: EP2.

Status
Not open for further replies.