Question Same headphones, different sound?

erigthekid

Honorable
Jan 25, 2017
I bought my second pair of DT770's today, and they sound like i'm listening through a bottle in comparison to my old ones which had broke a couple months ago.
The change isn't massive, but im very picky and notice a difference. Do i refund these or is a hardware issue?
250ohms, i run them through a scarlette solo 3rd gen. My last headphones I ran off a 2nd gen.

Lutfij

Titan
Does the same heppen for you on another platform?

I would advise on a refund. The thing that often times happen is that manufacturer's can and will do silent updates to favor profit/favorable pricing during assembly. The same sort of incident happened with Sennheisers, they slumped in terms of quality and people have been discouraged to buy them in spite of owning a pair courtesy of OptimumTech.

erigthekid

Honorable
Jan 25, 2017
Does the same heppen for you on another platform?

I would advise on a refund. The thing that often times happen is that manufacturer's can and will do silent updates to favor profit/favorable pricing during assembly. The same sort of incident happened with Sennheisers, they slumped in terms of quality and people have been discouraged to buy them in spite of owning a pair courtesy of OptimumTech.
yeah its sound across the whole computer. I also notice that my old ones (probably about 2 years old now) are built nicer, but just subtle details. The lettering isn't as detailed, the fabric on the ear muff pieces are a slightly off, and my old ones had braille on the sides indicating left and right which I thought was a really cool detail. Should I look into other headphones or purchase another pair of these? At the end of the day, sound matters most to me. Perhaps these were just a defective pair. Also, I hear about a break in period?

Latest posts