Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256 gb slower after firmware update EXM02B6Q. Original firmware EXM01B6Q worked perfect!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mrchips1

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
Adjunct to the previous post. Still never received the confirmation e-mail. Not in Spam folder, not in junk folder not no where.. Someone figure this out because I really like this forum.

soewhaty

Honorable
Apr 1, 2014
Good news for some folks out there. As mentioned, I am from those who somehow survived the madness caused by Samsung's stupidity. The only damage to my 850 pro was that according to Magician the speeds and iops were somewhat halved. 300/500mb and 55k/55k iops. So once with the new fw there was no turning back to the old fw. After reading some tips in the forums I reinstalled the storage drivers and the intel rap. storage tech. stuff and an good improvement was measured in Magician which lead me to think that some files were damaged by the wrong fw update procedure. Just for the record I did my fw update thru the desktop utility in Magician, not thru the dos boot iso. So I had a spare partition on the ssd on which I just installed Windows 7 and guess what .. speeds and IOPS there are back to normal as they are supposed to be - 560/530 and 92k/82k iops. What can I say. For those of you who lost stuff ... just sue them!!!

soewhaty

Honorable
Apr 1, 2014
If someone would like to copy and paste my above post so I can 'Pick it as solution' to this forum thread it would be nice, because that is basically the answer of the initial post I made to start this whole thread.

ASK THE COMMUNITY