SAMSUNG 850 PRO SSD: Long Boot/Shutdown times?

cascoh

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2013
Hey guys, I was just wondering about something with my SSD (Samsung Pro 850 126GB) and I realized that my PC takes about 30 seconds to shut down. My peripherals shut off right away but I still notice my PC going for about 20+ seconds. Could anyone explain whats wrong? The SSD is less then 5 months old.

Solution
can be a few things on start up make sure motherboard quick or fast boot is turned on. turn off motherboard splash screen. on older mb there a delay time set to hit bios key or wait for error at post on older mb. if your mb has software to boot into it from windows you can set these time low. also in windows turn off gui boot under msconfig start up. on shut down if your running windows 7 then the anti virud has to unload and then windows has to write what in memory back to the ssd/hard drive. windows 8/10 has a newer shutdown/start up.
can be a few things on start up make sure motherboard quick or fast boot is turned on. turn off motherboard splash screen. on older mb there a delay time set to hit bios key or wait for error at post on older mb. if your mb has software to boot into it from windows you can set these time low. also in windows turn off gui boot under msconfig start up. on shut down if your running windows 7 then the anti virud has to unload and then windows has to write what in memory back to the ssd/hard drive. windows 8/10 has a newer shutdown/start up.

Solution