Samsung Ativ Book 9 Lite Windows 10: No Speakers or Headphones are plugged in

Status
Not open for further replies.

andinas

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
I have Samsung Ativ Book 9 Lite, NP915S3G-K02ID running on windows 10 64bit, AMD A6-1450, GPU AMD Radeon HD 8250 that NO SOUND after upgrade to Windows 10. Clean install is not help.
All drivers installed by Samsung Update software. All succeed to installed for 1 exception: Sound driver. It cannot be installed automatically by Samsung installer software or by manual.
Symptoms:
Speakers icon on systray has red cross with tip: "No speakers or headphones are plugged in"
Sound troubleshooting: Audio Services not responding (not fixed, means windows cannot fix this problem).
Control Panel > Sound (on playback tab): Digital Display Audio AMD High Definition Device Not plugged in. Configure and set default are both greyed. Show Disables device and show disconnected device are both checked. So, it's only 1 device and that device is not plugged in and of course, No Sound.
Because sound trouble shooting said that audio services not responding, I check them via services.msc. Windows audio and Windows audio End builders are both set automatic and running. I disable them, restart, enable them, no results. And since they are both ok, I think Windows 10 has generated incorrect report.
Next, I check device manager. All ok, no error exclamation. Sound, Video and Game controllers only has AMD High Definition Audio Device which I update to the newest (version 10.0.0.3 4/13/2016). This device is working properly.
Next, I check and update ALL the driver from AMD, even the chipset, and of course the important one: High Definition Audio Device.
Still the same problem.
Uninstall sound driver in device manager and reinstalled. No result.
Still I have no sound, still had that red cross on my speaker icon with tip "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"

Well, I think I already did everything. Didn't I?
Please help.

Solution
Hmmm, sounds like you have an interesting case on your hands here.
At this stage, I would concede that you could have a hardware issue were it not for the fact that it was working before.
It shouldn't be the case, but perhaps you have a slight compatibility issue with Windows 10 and that system?

andinas

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Thank you for the fast reply. Unfortunately, I have no options for that. In Sound playback tab, It shows only 1 component (Digital Display Audio AMD High Definition Device Not plugged in). That's it all, no speakers no nothing else, only that component. In that window, as I explained before, Configure and set default buttons are both greyed.
Show Disables device and show disconnected device are both checked (by right click on empty area you can check this out). So, it's only 1 device and that device status is not plugged in.

andinas

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016

andinas

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Done. Nothing changed.
Afterward, once again I wipe all AMD software and drivers, did clean install on Windows 10 and let the windows 10 install drivers automatically.
Nope, still have the same problem. I have no speakers, and it's because audio service is not responding, and it's because AMD high definition audio device is not plugged in?
I read this article :
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/847.no-speakers-or-headphones-are-plugged-in-error-on-windows-7.aspx
The resolution: Restart the computer and enter the BIOS setup (generally by pressing the F10 or F2 function keys at the very beginning of the boot process). In the BIOS setup, find the section for integrated devices and enable the integrated audio (onboard audio). Restart the computer and the audio will work again
But I cannot find any integrated audio setting in BIOS setting or something similar or refer to audio.
Any other solution?
Please?

Hmmm, sounds like you have an interesting case on your hands here.
At this stage, I would concede that you could have a hardware issue were it not for the fact that it was working before.
It shouldn't be the case, but perhaps you have a slight compatibility issue with Windows 10 and that system?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.