Info Samsung Galaxy Book Pro2 5G - internals pictures

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020
For those who are considering a Samsung Galaxy book Pro 2 - 5G. Here are pictures of the internals.
View: https://imgur.com/a/rKRO9Zn

The cover is difficult to take off, but with the right care and Ifixit toolkit it could be done and put back together again. The machine memory is 16 GB DDR5 non-upgradable 6400 Mhz slowed down to 5200 mhz in the bios (which cannot be ajusted to full 6400 mhz speed yet). Under the heatsink in the middle there is a: SAMSUNG MZVL2512HCJQ-00B a 512 GB PCIE 4.0 nvme according to HWINFO64. Which is a standard size 2280 NVME according to Google. I didn't know which tool to remove the heatsink with, so I left it on. The Wifi card is an Intel AX211 which seen in pictures has a screw, but don't if its removable or not. The 5G modem means from what I could see is there is no 2nd M2 slot.

So this how the Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 2 5G look inside :)

p.s. I don't know what could be understand the black electrical tape on the right. How in the non-5G version of this machine there is 2nd M2 slot. But I guess they couldn't find the room in this version.

Last edited:
Reactions: lvt

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020
For those who are considering a Samsung Galaxy book Pro 2 - 5G. Here are pictures of the internals.

The cover is difficult to take off, but with the right care and Ifixit toolkit it could be done and put back together again. The machine memory is 16 GB DDR5 non-upgradable 6400 Mhz slowed down to 5200 mhz in the bios (which cannot be ajusted to full 6400 mhz speed yet). Under the heatsink in the middle there is a: SAMSUNG MZVL2512HCJQ-00B a 512 GB PCIE 4.0 nvme according to HWINFO64. Which is a standard size 2280 NVME according to Google. I didn't know which tool to remove the heatsink with, so I left it on. The Wifi card is an Intel AX211 which seen in pictures has a screw, but don't if its removable or not. The 5G modem means from what I could see is there is no 2nd M2 slot.

p.s. I don't know what could be understand the black electrical tape on the right. How in the non-5G version of this machine there is 2nd M2 slot. But I guess they couldn't find the room in this version.

I read that the South Korean version of this machine came with Intel Arc Graphics. However the EU model came with Intel Iris Graphics.

kimenge

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009

Can i ask what 5G modem its in the Galaxy book Pro 2 - 5G? Is it the Intel 5000 solution made by MediaTek ?