Samsung Gets Curvy With New SE790C Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmah

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Good to see a curved monitor. I'm not a huge fan of curved TV's but I can see there being benefits to having a curved computer monitor especially in the ultra wide format. If there was a lower latency variant I would probably pick it up.

chuyayala

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
I would definitely wait for a freesync version of the monitor (if this one doesn't include freesync). The rest of their 2015 lineup include freesync according to AMD/Samsung. I truly hope they confirm freesync next month.

I expect this will be around the price of the LG curved monitor, so that means ~ $800 USD-ish if not more. I've seen the LG and it's brilliant. I do favor Samsung, so this one certainly has my eye if the cost isn't too prohibitive.

Blush

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2014
Oh man, This will go great with my planned Black and White themed build I'll be doing soon. I hope the price is good.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
Curved screens are garbage. The content is not designed for a curved screen so it distorts the image. In order to make content for a curved screen that is not distorted you would need to know the exact distance the viewer is from the screen and the exact size of the screen. Then create content specifically for this setup. Content providers could not do this. A perfectly flat screen is the ONLY way to go.

SessouXFX

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011

Content doesn't have to be created for curved screens. In fact, any video content created doesn't know any different, from one form or another. It's simply there to be viewed and used for whatever purpose. Shape or ratio of the screen never matter as much as you're making it out to be. I think I'll take Linus's perspective in this case. More than anything, it's there for immersion up close.

f-14

Distinguished
if it's less that 75mhz refresh rate and over $600 no thank you, other wise the rest of the specs look great, i will keep this monitor in mind for 280º DCS World flight sim gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.