Samsung, HTC Attempt iPhone 5 Ban Using LTE Patents

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Finally Apple might get a taste of it's own medicine. That said I'm still fed up with the whole patent war and even more tired of Apple's gestapo tactics in the courtroom. Hopefully both Samsung and HTC will be victorious against Apple and all companies will start focusing more of their money on R&D and innovation rather than paying for these ridiculous legal services.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
The problem with you idiots having your happiness dependant upon a company (like Apple) failing is you're stuck on a roller-coaster. Unfortunately, for every news story that gives you a lift there are bound to be two more than piss you off. The net result is you keep descending further.

Case in point. Just one day after this news story came out about HTC it was revealed that the actual inventor of the LTE patents HTC is suing Apple with has claimed in court that he doesn't know enough about the patents to even determine if they are valid. Imagine that, the inventor of something doesn't even know if it's a valid invention. So say this is bad news for HTC is an understatement.

Oh, and also in the news late last week is Samsung lost in their case before the ITC against Apple. Apple was found to not be inviolation of four patents Samsung brought against them.

Hold on, here's another one. Apple won a preliminary injunction against Motorola Mobility in Germanyover their "rubber banding" patent. This now makes three different countries and courts that have found this patent valid.

How many more times does Motorola, Samsung, HTC and others have to lose before you people take off your blinders and realize that maybe there's been some copying and infringement going on? Are you going to whine about conspiracies and bribing of judges? Is this how you live in the real world? When something doesn't go your way you come up with bizarre reasons why things happened so you can continue to deny reality?

G

Oh noes! Buy your iPhone5 now before they ban it! Samsung and HTC is actually helping Apple sell their phones...

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]lobapunkar[/nom]Oh noes! Buy your iPhone5 now before they ban it! Samsung and HTC is actually helping Apple sell their phones...[/citation]
Yeahp... 2 , 0 0 0 , 0 0 0 pre-orders in 24-hours. Yea for the GDP!

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]becherovka[/nom]i hope they ban the iphone and this is a catalyst to overhaul the patent system.[/citation]
As long as they don't ban it in the USA who cares? Yeahs, they can ban it all over the rest of the world if the floats someone's boat. ...but us American iSheep, the majority of us don't hate Apple so we kinda like this evolutionary upgrade that is the iP5.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]In USA the court system is rigged in favor of Apple. Not likely iCrap will lose if case is heard in a USA court.[/citation]
Well, I, along with the majority of other Americans are glad for this. ...okay, that is trolling, my apologies. I don't think the courts are necessarily rigged towards Apple but they may favor an American company more than a foreign one. Not fair...but what in life is?

[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]I doubt anyone is surprised about this. Im all for the fall of apple, but I really do hate patent wars. just how many frikin patents are involved with LTE tech?![/citation]

Since the patent offices stopped caring if ideas were novel or new. Now they just patent different techs based on specification. It's totally rediculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.