Samsung Increases Price For Apple's Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

good job samsung, 20% is not enough! lets raise 100% because apple cant find other replacement

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]ipwn3r456[/nom]So, will the all the apple products will raise their price too?[/citation]

Apple will lose profits and eat the additional production costs. Asian companies have a major advantage with local talent able to help manufacture electronic components so cheaply. I hope Apple will work with a US chip company but highly doubt it.

StormOfRazors

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Might help recoup some of the money they had to pay in the court case, but this constant bickering between Apple and Samsung involving lawsuits cannot be good for either company in terms of public opinion.

cbfelterbush

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
!!SHOCKER!!

Serves that grubby, entitled, ass hat wearing company right. Some might have thought that because Apple had entered into the chip design business that they were going to start to fab those chips as well. However its one thing to Build things, another all-together to simply design them. Apple knows this all to well now.

They will perhaps try to start making their own hardware, but that time is a Very long way into the future. A future that today, because of this action, just got a little better.

-CB

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I find the bitter irony of this all that much sweeter. Apple has been shitting all over Samsung for a while now, yet at the same time depending on them for a lot of things. Its about time they got a taste of their own turd sandwich! How does it taste, Apple?

[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Lol...bitter much?!? But funny how most of you think Samsung is just an innocent company, thats just as funny![/citation]

Nobody is saying Samsung is a "innocent company" but apple did sue someone that supplies them with parts (As the saying, Dont bite the hand that feeds you!)

Although apple has sued on a lot of stupid stuff....

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
So those who complain about when Apple does things, cheer when other companies do it? Can we please stop the hypocrisy and hold ALL companies, and people, to the same standard.

Fact is, Samsung could find itself in some antitrust trouble with this. Since Samsung is the top competitor to Apple in the smartphone market currently, courts could very well rule that Samsung is using their position as suppliers of iPhone CPU's to force Apple to raise their prices thus giving Samsung's phones an advantage.

Behavior of this kind by both Apple and Samsung is only bad news for us the consumer.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
People who still support Apple may want to ask themselves why most of the tech world hates Apple. It surely isn't jealously. I am enjoying my Note 2 which is equal to the soon to be released iphone 7S. The iphone 5 battery is so bad that 2 of our service guys put them on the charger by 11 am. I put mine on when I get home. Even when you turn all the extras on ( live wallpaper, max brightness etc.) you can't kill the note 2 battery in a work day. Samsung wins again. Good one with the price increase. Apple better patent price increases soon.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
what is weird is that I don't carry hate for any other company. I drive Ford and Audi. I don't hate any other cars. I drink coke products. I don't hate pepsi. I have Callaway golf clubs. I don't hate Ping. Maybe it is the mentality driven into the minds of Apple customers. They are made to feel special, almost loved by Apple. Everyone cheers when someone walks out with a phone?????? Apple makes them feel proud and smart about their purchase. Apple reminds of a prostitute. And guess what, the prostitute doesn't love you and you are dumb to go to bed with one. I guess Apple is very much like a prostitute.

Status
Not open for further replies.