Samsung Introduces Curved 27-inch CF591 FreeSync-Over-HDMI Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrek99

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015
Can't believe the manufacturers are still focusing on 1080p especially on monitors that are larger than 22".
So many consumers don't understand resolution as a concept that there is still a market for large 1080p monitors.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
"there's no question that for computer monitors, a curve makes them more immersive"

I disagree entirely, the reverse pincusion effect is anything but immersive. So yes, there is very much question to the validity of this claim.

eltoro

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What about Gsync Samsung? Being free doesn't make it appealing to most of the market, which are NVIDIA video card owners (not counting onboard/on die).

kewlbootz

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015
Can't believe the manufacturers are still focusing on 1080p especially on monitors that are larger than 22".
So many consumers don't understand resolution as a concept that there is still a market for large 1080p monitors.

Or, 1080p is sufficient for plenty of people, whether it's because they sit far enough away from the monitor that the PPI isn't particularly relevant, or they simply don't care.

I think most people understand what resolution is. It's just that not everyone is an enthusiast.

ammaross

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
"Currently, we don’t know its resolution (officially), panel type (likely to be VA), connectivity options or anything else that is important."
Looks like connectivity is 2xHDMI and a DVI (or VGA?) port with a headphone jack based on the picture provided....

ahaywood

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
"there's no question that for computer monitors, a curve makes them more immersive"

I disagree entirely, the reverse pincusion effect is anything but immersive. So yes, there is very much question to the validity of this claim.

For normal aspect ratio displays I haven't noticed much benefit with curved. However, with 21:9, I have owned both flat and curved, and the initial feeling I had with the flat one was that the left and right edges seemed oddly far away. This distraction is fixed with a curved 21:9, and I would never go back to flat at this aspect ratio.

f-14

Distinguished
"Currently, we don’t know its resolution (officially), panel type (likely to be VA), connectivity options or anything else that is important."
Looks like connectivity is 2xHDMI and a DVI (or VGA?) port with a headphone jack based on the picture provided....
it's vga, dvi is easily recognizable as wider and the flat large pin slot on one side is the dead giveaway
that was the first thing i looked at to see if it would be one of those 60hz refresh that causes headaches from florescent lighting flicker being so incredibly slow, but the whole reason they use less energy.

wish employers were so damn cheap they made panels that only worked by looking at them with the sun behind them, then everybody could atleast get a windowed office and day light only work hours.
maybe i will tell obama about this idea and he can make it executive order law, like daylight savings time electric bill for employers discount while the rest of us have to fork over full rate to live in the dark on our dime.

Status
Not open for further replies.