Samsung, LG May Release 1080p Phones in 2013

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm waiting on 4K computer monitors 30 inches or bigger in 2013 hopefully. Ready to upgrade from my 2 year old 30 inch 2560 x 1600 lcd.

hannibal

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]its because of Microsoft, if u adjust the screen resolution, the default setting of the windows makes the font size tooo small to be able to read. There is no pre-set setting in windows for u to choose screen size + viewing distance + resolution then the windows take care of it. NO SUCH thing exist.then we have AntiAliasing = makes high resolution much less useful.[/citation]

Windows 8 fixes that problem! So soon everybody loves win 8 ;-)
Well actuallu not so propably, there is so many things in win8 that upset normal users that it will take time to people get used to the new interface, but win8 really is much better scaling things than win7 is, so in the future when we hopefully get 4K and 8K desktop screens the small fonts are not a problem (except with older programs...)

Scar89

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
Control Panel -> Display -> Larger, but I do agree, Windows doesn't scale well at all.
This. Just tried it, makes startbar, text, icons, windows way larger.

I'm hoping we'll see something like a 22" @2560 x 1440 at the $200-300 au price point since I got my LG led 22" 1080p for $160 1 yr ago and a 40" 1080p lcd tv for $360 like 6 months ago.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
back in 2000-2001 people where like WTF.... color screen on cell phone? why, that is stupid: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Ericsson_T68i

Now it is oooohhhh, ahhhhhhh my pretty Iphone......... Ohhhh Ahhhhh my Galaxy S3............ but 1080p or 400ppi on a cell phone or 24 inch computer monitor..... who needs it, its a stupid idea....... waste of money....... In 2015........... it will be oooohhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh...... look at my pretty Iphone 10 or mg Galaxy S9 with a 4k 5 inch display..........

Some people just need to stuff it..... 4k on a cell phone will happen, you can't stop it, you can whine all you want about how we don't need it, and I will be using it when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS