Question Samsung s10 vs Huawei p30 pro. Which one is better and what should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirizake

Prominent
Mar 17, 2019
Hi I want to buy one of these ohones but dont know which one is better!
I really like that the huwawei is bigger but it has worse resolution and I heard that the video recording sucks!
The huwawei doesnt come with headphones nor a headphone jack and I think that sucks. But the huwawei has an amazing battery life.

I'd use the phone mostly for watching youtube videos, taking pictures and recording youtube videos.

The samsung s10 costs 6000 krowns wich is roughly 600 dollars.
The Huwawei p30 pro costs 4320 krowns wich is roughly 432 dollars

WHICH ONE SHOULD I BUY TAKING COST AND THE THINGS I WANT TO USE IT FOR IN MIND!?

The huwawei doesnt come with headphones nor a headphone jack and I think that sucks.

On their website Huawei lists as "in the box": Type-C Earphones x 1.

As for the difference in size, yes the Huawei is 0.4 mm taller.

Huawei P30 Pro: 158.0 x 73.4 x 8.41 mm
Samsung S10: 157.6 x 74.1 x 7.8 mm

I'm not going to recommend one, but it appears you act on hear say instead of visiting their web sites.

Reactions: Kirizake

Sagar_20

Distinguished
If you use the phone mostly for taking pictures watching youtube videos, you probably need a phone with a bigger battery or longer endurance and for such use case, Huawei P30 pro would be the clear winner. Must also cost less than the Galaxy S10 plus.

Somehow it also scores the highest in camera benchmark. You can check here.

but lack of a 3.5 mm audio jack could be a big disadvantage.

Samsung S10, even though being a flagship lets you add a micro sd card which is cool.

Reactions: Kirizake

Kirizake

Prominent
Mar 17, 2019
To make everything clear I want to use it for taking pictures, recording and watching youtube videos.
I'll also use it for normal phone gaming and AR gaming.

The difference between them is:
P30 pro doesn't have a headphone jack
P30 pro has longer battery life
P30 pro better photo camera
P30 pro is 200 dollars cheaper
S10 has 2k resolution
S10 better microphone and video recording

so what do you recommend?

Sagar_20

Distinguished
I think it all comes down to your budget over anything else.

but i say

If you are more interested in content creation over just enjoying multimedia, you should go for the Samsung S10. A 3.5 mm audio jack, micro sd card support and QHD screen can be very useful. It's selfie camera is also better than the Huawei P30 pro.

P30pro is definitely the better phone , if you can not get the S10 snapdragon variant.
S10 snapdragon is only for US market so far I know.
The Exynos S10 is not that great on the battery stamina department and on performance...mainly on the battery side.

Here where I live, S10 (Exynos) is about €150 cheaper than P30pro.
I found P30pro around €740 while S10 about €590 on some small local stores. (I am talking about new units)
The cons on S10 might still be acceptable because of the price differences.

If you can wait, I would rather wait for Xiaomi Redmi K20 pro a.k.a. mi 9T pro.
If you can not wait, I tend to prefer the P30 pro, if you can get only the Exynos S10.... but grab better the S10 snapdragon instead of P30 pro, if you can find it

The main reason why P30pro with Snapdragon 855 is the better option:
S10/S10+ Exynos are slower than the Snapdragon 855 brother and have quite a lot worse battery stamina.

If you can find the Snapdragon S10/10+, this is the better option than P30pro.
Note: Snapdragon S10 variants are only for US market so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.