Samsung Shows HDDs with 1 TB Per Platter

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]we dont need more than 1080p because we can barely see the extra detail because of how our eyes work, unless you blow the image way the hell up.we hit close to the peak of what we need now, all thats left is refining it.[/citation]

I don't have eagle eyes and 1080p is definitely not enough. we need at least double if not triple that resolution to be futureproof. instead of thinking about the people with monitors (where i could see your point) think about the millions who use a hdtv larger than 30". I can most definitely see the individual pixels.

dgingeri

Distinguished
[citation][nom]applegetsmelaid[/nom]I remember seeing an advertisement for CompUSA back in 1999 for a 30 GB HDD: "The last hard drive you'll ever have to buy." Back then I thought, "30GB! No one will EVER need that much space." Now I average 20GB of HDD activity PER DAY! Not much compared to some uber-geeks, but I do process good amounts of data.[/citation]

on top of that, I have a 32GB USB flash drive in my pocket, and 32GB of storage on my phone. People will always find a way to fill any storage that is available. As long as storage grows, people will find more imaginative ways to fill it.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I remember my first drive was 20MB. I had compression software installed that doubled the space to 40MB but made it run extremely slow. It was a Mac and I think the only games it had were Oregon Trail and a knockoff of Scorched Earth. I taught myself to code HTML on that machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.