Question Samsung T24B350

Kryloc

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
I have a Samsung T24B350 monitor. I have a AM3 Gigabyte MOBO with an AMD Phenom II Six Core Processer, an NVidia GeForce GTX 770 GPU 2G GDDR5 an Antec 750 Modular Power Supply. The MOBO does have an internal video card.
Problem: If I reset my computer, my monitor does not detect my PC. I have gone into bios setting and ensured the GTX770 is selected. Can anyone tell me why this happens?

acecreator26

Commendable
Mar 9, 2018
I have a Samsung T24B350 monitor. I have a AM3 Gigabyte MOBO with an AMD Phenom II Six Core Processer, an NVidia GeForce GTX 770 GPU 2G GDDR5 an Antec 750 Modular Power Supply. The MOBO does have an internal video card.
Problem: If I reset my computer, my monitor does not detect my PC. I have gone into bios setting and ensured the GTX770 is selected. Can anyone tell me why this happens?
Is this just an issue with the Samsung monitor or is this an issue with every monitor that you use? It sounds as if you bought a new monitor and suddenly have this problem.

Kryloc

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
Is this just an issue with the Samsung monitor or is this an issue with every monitor that you use? It sounds as if you bought a new monitor and suddenly have this problem.
It appears to be every monitor. I hooked it up to my LG LCD 37" and had the same problem. I have heard it mention that if I have an external drive attached to disconnect it. The computer runs

Kryloc

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
What it was supposed to say was the computer runs, but no display on the monitor. I unplug the HDMI and plug it back in, I change the settings on the monitor, but nothing.

acecreator26

Commendable
Mar 9, 2018
What it was supposed to say was the computer runs, but no display on the monitor. I unplug the HDMI and plug it back in, I change the settings on the monitor, but nothing.
Is your monitor plugged directly into the the motherboard or the graphics card? My PC did the same thing to me. I was moving my setup around and I found that I had two HDMI ports on the back of my PC and I plugged the HDMI into the motherboard and my monitor kept saying "No input detected, going into power save mode" and I was stumped. Until I realized that there was a second HDMI port on the rear of my PC leading straight into the graphics card, this port worked fine. I urge you to try that HDMI port if you haven't already. If this solves your problem, maybe try and update all your drivers and see if the other port works again.

Kryloc

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
My monitor is plugged into the GPU. There is no HDMI Slot for the motherboard that I know of but if ai had the old connection type, which I don't, in that case it would be. This is a MOBO that's about 9 years old. We're dealing with pretty much a dinosaur in computer terms.