[SOLVED] Samsung T5 SSD has super low transfer speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2021
I just got a Samsung T5 external SSD and it says it should reach up to 540Mb/s yet when I try to transfer files to it from my internal hard drive which has a speed of around 420 Mb/s I get a top transfer speed of only 20Mb/s. I have the SSD plugged into a USB 3.0 port and the device is 3.0 compatible. Am I doing something wrong? Why is the transfer speed so slow? Any help would be appreciated. I am using windows 10 on a Dell Inspirion 13-5378 laptop.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop. The number that're looking for is an advertised number which means that the max speeds is 540Mb/s, they also mention how they were able to recreate the speeds. The transfer speeds will also depend on your platform, the drivers and the files you're trying to transfer.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop. The number that're looking for is an advertised number which means that the max speeds is 540Mb/s, they also mention how they were able to recreate the speeds. The transfer speeds will also depend on your platform, the drivers and the files you're trying to transfer.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS