Samsung Tablet in August with Super AMOLED

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
The Super AMOLED is awesome and I am debating whether to get a Samsung Galaxy S when they go on sale.For the tablet though 7 inches is a bit small and they couldn't have come up with a better name (S-Pad?) HDMI and USB ports sound good but I guess it all depends on how much these are going to cost. 7 inch super Amoled probably won't be cheap.

[citation][nom]beta tester[/nom]What? Did that say Windows Mobile 6.1?Madness. That OS is dead. They should have used Android.[/citation]
Agreed. Or a stripped down version of Linux or hell perhaps even Windows Mobile 7.

G

Who cares about the name, and I'm sure homebrewers will adjust any OS shortcomings. Like someone said before, even if we enthusiasts are given a clean slate on an excellent hardware foundation, we will do the rest. I just hope it gets marketed, that's how Apple gets people hooked.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
I think 7" is a sweetspot. Anything smaller my phone can handle. Anything bigger and I may as well bring my Netbook.
But Android I really like - and with Flash support in June, and lower OS licensing cost, and a AMOLED screen and oh yeah - I like the sound of this machine.

G

I expect the OS licensing cost will be the trade-off for that slick screen. And I agree with mman, 7" is my ideal tablet sweet spot.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
AMOLED is not the same as the Sony touted OLED technology. AMOLED is pretty disappointing in comparison to be honest.

And guys. The S-Pad is supposed to have Android OS. The WinMo 6.1 is for their other "tablet" called Mondi, with a 4.3" screen.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Great news, as Samsung normally sells stuff at a very competitive price.

Couldn't care less about HDMI out, which would only needlessly increase the price. (not only hardware costs, but also licensing...)

I hope they include a reasonable 2-3 megapixel (yes, I know that 8 megapixel, while making no sense, would sell better) camera.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]djtronika[/nom]Windows Mobile 6.1 + "high quality applications" = FAILnaming it the S-Pad = EPIC FAIL[/citation]
My FB2 reader works on WM 6.1 just fine. Oh, and it's free.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I never knew OS specs was part of the Hardware specs :S Anyways will be interesting to see what resolution the screen is.
[citation][nom]beta tester[/nom]What? Did that say Windows Mobile 6.1?Madness. That OS is dead. They should have used Android.[/citation]
What? It must be because I have just woken up but I'm pretty sure it states that the new device will run Android OS and that the older device uses the WM6.1. So why are you getting so many thumbs up??

safcmanfr

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]djtronika[/nom]Windows Mobile 6.1 + "high quality applications" = FAILnaming it the S-Pad = EPIC FAIL[/citation]

Idiot.

An existing Tablet uses Windows 6.1.

The new tablet will use Android. Learn to read.

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
They should refrain using the "Pad" word it is already associated with Apple, will just make their product like a copycat.

Status
Not open for further replies.