Samsung Takes Shot at iPhone 5 in Galaxy S3 Comparison Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I want an iPhone. I must have an iPhone. I don't care. I want an iPhone. I don't care if it can grant me 3 wishes and one of those wishes can be for an iPhone. I want an iPhone.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Ballsy! If the previous article benchmarks are true, then +1 for Samsung, though i believe that the reason most people will be buying the new iPhone will be due to the ecosystem. The 4s is pretty fast already but i prefer the SIII (have had iPhone, nexus, SIII and currently have W7.5 phone). But the biggest compliment i hear about the iPhone is "It just works". Well, cool go for it, i prefer the ability to mess around with my stuff but thats just me and quite frankly, the SIII is the phone to beat. Though i do eagerly await the new Windows phones!

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]OccupyMyYouKnowwhat[/nom]I want an iPhone. I must have an iPhone. I don't care. I want an iPhone. I don't care if it can grant me 3 wishes and one of those wishes can be for an iPhone. I want an iPhone.[/citation]
Dude, if you wish for an iPhone out of any 3 potential wishes...you got problems :(

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
So the point of the ad is good - there are differences, some of which favor Samsung.

But the list of features/apps at at the bottom there is just kind of sad. I don't know what "direct call" is, but it certainly doesnt sound like something that an iphone can't do ... Also is tilt to zoom somehow better than pinch to zoom? Because it doesn't sound better to me or the average person ...

Synosis

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
[citation][nom]OccupyMyYouKnowwhat[/nom]I want an iPhone. I must have an iPhone. I don't care. I want an iPhone. I don't care if it can grant me 3 wishes and one of those wishes can be for an iPhone. I want an iPhone.[/citation]

I think OccupyMyYouKnowwhat was referencing this youtube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

pennywise

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]The 'Genius Bar' always puts a smile on my face.Apparently it takes a genius to figure out how to use an iProduct :)[/citation]

But using an iProduct does not mean one is a genius ;)

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Actually was going to buy an Galaxy S3 last week... but went to the Verizon store to try it out and ended up not liking it.

Will I buy an iPhone 5 instead? Eh... remains to be seen, but I doubt it. Maybe I'll just stick to my old-school flip phone.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Don't you want one with the bigger gee-bees?

inerax

Distinguished

I gave an up-vote for this. Not because he wants or I want an iPhone but because this was a funny youtube video he was quoting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

ozvip3r

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
Love it! Although I much prefer the HTC One X to the S3, I still love Samsung. Even though stating the facts nicely makes it easy to compare, these don't mean anything to a 1 eyed Apple fanboy. I personally like the design of the iPhone but will never get 1 over an android as long as they have such a sub-par OS. The thing has the same OS design as the original and is smoked by WP & android quite simply. Also if you want to have the same thing as everyone else and follow a company like a brain dead sheep, then you should consider moving to New Zealand.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Food for thought from an iSheep...

My iPhone 4 is on CL for $450 after 2 years of happy use... I had 3 pings in the first 30 minutes.

The resale value of a device after 2 years of (great) use trumps that list in Samsung's ad.

In the US we all pay for the phone over the life of the contract (which bites, I know) but it's nice to get some value back once your contract is over. I wouldn't be able to sell my Android phone after 2 years of use for anywhere near that amount.

From my Nexus 7

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]Food for thought from an iSheep...My iPhone 4 is on CL for $450 after 2 years of happy use... I had 3 pings in the first 30 minutes. The resale value of a device after 2 years of (great) use trumps that list in Samsung's ad. In the US we all pay for the phone over the life of the contract (which bites, I know) but it's nice to get some value back once your contract is over. I wouldn't be able to sell my Android phone after 2 years of use for anywhere near that amount.From my Nexus 7[/citation]

This is a really good point. A 4 year old 3GS is still worth $100. More than people pay for some new androids. Really helps on the trade-in.

Iluv2raceit

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
[citation][nom]rebel1280[/nom]Dude, if you wish for an iPhone out of any 3 potential wishes...you got problems[/citation]

I completely agree with you! After being completely disappointed in the iPhone5 press release, I switched from an iPhone4S to the Galaxy S III and all I can say is, "WOW". The S III is superior to my iPhone4S in every way. The OMLED screen looks cleaner, colors are more vivid, and the Gorilla glass 2 is absolutely amazing not to mention it really does reduce figure prints. The S III battery life is also superior to all iPhones I have owned. I can't imagine just how much better my S III is going to be once Jelley Bean is released... :) Bottomline - I've owned an iPhone 3G, iPhone4 and iPhone 4S and have to say without a doubt that I should have switched to Android years ago. My mind and soul have been freed - thanks Android! Apple has truly stopped innovating, and things are only going to get worse for Apple without Steve Jobs.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
I've quite happy with my Atrix HD... I did choose it over the Samsung GS3 - to replace my SGS1 Captivate. Android 4.0 smokes 2.x. Boots up in a few seconds, turns on radios when it needs to. 4.5" screen - but wish the body was a bit smaller like the new upcoming MC-Droid M. Its battery is weaker than SGS3... but I don't see how ANY of these phone are supposed to get 9+ hours of talk time.

I used to use Launcher7 on my SGS1 (WP7-like Launcher, but better) - but I REALLY like Android 4.x enough that I don't need the limitations of WP7/8. I do kind of miss my bigger tile buttons, but I'm getting used to it... Love the Circles Widget that Motorola uses. I finally have an Alarm-Clock time on my Lock screen... all these little things makes the phone fun to use. I never liked Android 2.x... its 2 years old.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
PS: I already know my Samsung Captivate is worth... $5. So I kept the old-dead SIM installed, turn on the WIFI and its a GUEST "mini" tablet for the home or kid to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.