Samsung to Show off Froyo Tablet Next Month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearracuda

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Well, if it doesn't cost me half my paycheck, then I like the sounds of it. If it's going to be priced anywhere near the iCrap, then they can forget it.

bsbsbsbs

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Froyo update for the Galaxy S comes out end of September.

Yes Swype Alchemy69 where you draw lines across the keyboard to make words. You're like the 50th person to say Swype or Skype now.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Frankly this is NOT impressive in the least.....what does it offer that the phones do not have already? The screen resolution is the same, it is just bigger. The camera(s) are not as good and it is obviously way to big to use as a phone by itself (making a bluetooth or wired headset MANDATORY)

I see NO market for this when Android phones are readily available

Ehsan w

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
I really don't get the hype around this special update "froyo".
And I have an Htc legend myself....just before people call me fanboy -.-*

the_wolf88

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Samsung mobile support sucks !!

They are always the last company to release software updates for their devices !!

HTC a lot better in releasing software updates !

Galaxy S still did not get Froyo Update !! WTF wrong with you Samsung !

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
I always thought the touch tablet was a toy with no good place for consumers. I thought the phone ( at that time a G1) was good enough to do the job of a touch tablet plus it is portable. Now, I have a Galaxy S, and have discovered that I was right all along. The Galaxy S is so easy to use, and the screen is just the right size (4"). BTW, making a bigger screen with the same resolution as a phone's screen is dumb from a design point of view, and useless for end users. I still don't see why these things get media attention. I can see them as niche applications ( for artists for example), but the 4" screen phones are the way of the future, and tablets should be doom once having a phone with Internet access becomes more affordable for causal user (not the crowd reading tom's certainly). Also, reading the Nook app on Galaxy S is nice enough, so I see it getting into the e-reader turf as well.

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
screen is too low res for my liking... I really want a good tablet where I can also create content unlike the ipad, but this screen blows.. :(

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
well lets hope they can scale the res... as most android devices can... if you havent noticed android runs even on the lowest res that the old phones had 320x220 :p or whatever it was... ya ppl have ported and got it to work and i must say it was nice running android on a device that had crap windows mobile pro... i was blow away really just the fact that those phones had like only 128mb of ram sucks lol

otherwise it will be for most fail IMO with that RES

ares1214

Splendid
all it is is a really big galaxy s phone, almost identical specs, bad camera. I would expect ATLEAST 1200x780 on a screen this size, maybe higher. Better hardware would be nice, but not bad at all.

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]no HD screen?[/citation]
At least you get DVD resolution (720x480), though is a little lower than the iPad is a little bigger (1024x768

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]260511[/nom]i dont care about this froyo thing or whatever it is, why do people keep talking about this crap. the name itself is freaking gay.[/citation]

Ah, to be as uninformed and useless as you are. Let me ask you, is ignorance really bliss?

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
man... I've been looking at android tablets, so far I haven't found a SINGLE android tablet that hasn't lied about processor speed/actual processor.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]victorintelr[/nom]At least you get DVD resolution (720x480), though is a little lower than the iPad is a little bigger (1024x768[/citation]

That depends. PAL uses 576 vertical lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS