SanDisk's Highest Capacity USB Flash Drive Ever, Ultra USB 3.0 At 256GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
But the extreme 500 ssd 256gb IS usb, heck it was the news item right before this one. It's _maybe_ twice the size of this thing (which is a good thing in my book), costs $50 less, and has much higher performance.

The sandisk article after this one is a dime sized 128gb usb drive, that also has better performance than this, for $119.

So I'll ask again: why would anyone want _this_ model? Downvoting isn't a reason. It's easy, just start "I'd prefer this one because".

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015

SaiYuk

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
I think it's great we are seeing ever-increasing capacity in this form factor.

There are larger capacity drives, but they are generally bigger.
There are similar capacity drives that are way smaller, but I have one of these and it's a real pain in the ass to get out of a lot of USB ports!

Can't wait to see them release a 1TB version!

unityole

Honorable
Mar 2, 2014
But the extreme 500 ssd 256gb IS usb, heck it was the news item right before this one. It's _maybe_ twice the size of this thing (which is a good thing in my book), costs $50 less, and has much higher performance.

The sandisk article after this one is a dime sized 128gb usb drive, that also has better performance than this, for $119.

So I'll ask again: why would anyone want _this_ model? Downvoting isn't a reason. It's easy, just start "I'd prefer this one because".

performance is way too slow too, patriot released something much faster at same capacity or greater i believe. if it doesnt max at 400MB/s read and at least 200+ MB/s write no point getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.