Sapphire Announces Its First CPU Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

erick81

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
Although the price is higher than the CM212 all the Vapor-X video cards I've had are always cool and silent so I'll probably check this out on my next build I haven't seen a PWM Y cable in awhile.

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
That desing, although I havent seen any review or anything, seems a lot like a Tt Frio... lets hope it isn't that noisy, but considering the plastic shroud, it may be.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Generally, Sapphire makes solid products. I would like to see how this new HSF benches against mainstays such as the CM Hyper 212 EVO. From the Sapphire website, the design looks good and has potential.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]Sakkura[/nom]There's another fan back there. Sapphire have details on the product page:http://www.sapphiretech.com/presen [...] id=1&leg=0[/citation]

I think he means the bottom. Fans cover up the cpu block and the heat transfer pipes, which to be honest it what we are all about.

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
From looking at some of the reviews that are out, it's a reasonably solid performer - just a hair behind the Frio, and a noticeable bit behind the TPC-812. It also doesn't appear to be as loud as the Frio (see here).

f-14

Distinguished
looks sexy and built right.
[citation][nom]mousseng[/nom]From looking at some of the reviews that are out, it's a reasonably solid performer - just a hair behind the Frio, and a noticeable bit behind the TPC-812. It also doesn't appear to be as loud as the Frio (see here).[/citation]
replace the fans with quieter cooler master sickle flow almost 70 CFM 20db or the aero shark 82 CFM 27db.

they get the job done if using 2, most of the time one fan idles and the other pulses.

Why are people asking for comparisons to the Hyper 212 Evo? This cooler would be better compared to coolers that are in its price range such as the Xigmatek Aegir, Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme, and Prolimatek Megahalems.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
how come most heatsinks dont put a small heastink where the heat plate is? throw a small 40mm fan on that too. that should help with the heatflow.

they should also make one that has fins like \ / \ / \ / \ instead of ||||. and put plenty of those little dots that increase surface area. pair it with 2 high static pressure fans, and space the heatpipes out so the heat is spread more evenly. i bet you it would be a winner.

I have always wondered the same thing, A few used to have it. My guess is just that the heatpipes get heat away so fast(more so on heatpipe direct touch models) that it does not help much any more.

Either way, I think you bring up an excellent point.

The freezer 13 pro had an interesting idea to cool VRM's and such
http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/discontinued-products/cpu/365/freezer-13-pro.html?L=1

Status
Not open for further replies.