[SOLVED] Sapphire HD7950 issue

Potejto1212

Commendable
Jun 20, 2021
Hi guys. I found no solution for my problem in my area so Im here to ask you for a help.

I just got second hand Hd7950 3GB and I have weird problem with that card. First problem is that only 1 fan of 2 on gpu cooler works normally. The second fan is just off until I set fans manually on 75% then second fan starts spinning on low speed then I set it on 80% and thats when both fans works together and perfectly. I just ordered new replacement fans for it hope it will help.
Problem no. 2 : installed card and card drivers. Everything seemed fine so far so I went straight to unigine heaven benchmak. Everything went smooth, then I started to play some CSgo. Worked perfectly. But when I turned off the game, my win10 desktop looked weird almost like artifacts, weird colors and noise. Weird thing is that every game and 3D applicartion works perfectly but my win10 desktop is somehow artifacted. I reinstalled drivers and it was OK again. But when I tried some game again as soon I turned off any game or 3D app my desktop went straight into "artifact mode". It stays like that even if I restart my PC. The only solution for not having it for a while is reinstall drivers, but after some load on any game or 3D and turning it off the problem reappears

I want to mention that my ssd with win10 was previously installed on ryzen/nvidia card and now the same ssd with same win10 is installed on intel/ati card. I just uninstalled previous drivers in safe mode and installed new chipset and card drivers.

I know that this is too long to read but If you guys have any Idea why my hd7950 on win10 desktop is acting like that i would be really happy to get some solutions.

Thank you everyone

Last edited:
Solution
First problem is that only 1 fan of 2 on gpu cooler works normally
what are you using to control the fans?

Afterburner has a pretty common issue where it cannot read or properly control a lot of 3rd party card's fans.
if Sapphire has it's own control software, try that.
I want to mention that my ssd with win10 was previously installed on ryzen/nvidia card and now the same ssd with same win10 is installed on intel/ati card. I just uninstalled previous drivers in safe mode and installed new chipset and card drivers.
try a disk wipe & fresh install.
many times just uninstalling drivers when swapping integral hardware can lead to conflicts or other issues in the OS & applications.
First problem is that only 1 fan of 2 on gpu cooler works normally

Afterburner has a pretty common issue where it cannot read or properly control a lot of 3rd party card's fans.
many times just uninstalling drivers when swapping integral hardware can lead to conflicts or other issues in the OS & applications.

Solution

Potejto1212

Commendable
Jun 20, 2021

That 1 fan isnt even working during booting so I dont really know whats happening here. Im using Radeon software to control the fans but as i said. It dosent work until I set it manually to 75% - could it be some voltage issue ? Anyways i ordered those replacement fans.. maybe that will help.

Thank you for your advice Im gonna try it :)

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Don't try to control your fans of your HD7950, it works better on auto...Unless of course you try to play heavy GPU intense games and thus you will be in the fan control panel more than you will be in your actual game playing.

Potejto1212

Commendable
Jun 20, 2021
UPDATE :

Problem with artifacts/disortion on desktop solved

I was trying everything in AMD Radeon software and I found out that enabled "CUSTOM COLOUR" made my desktop and blue / green colors distorted. It was fault of Saturation being too high automatically.

TRENDING THREADS