Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB with Boost.

austin707

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
Hey guys, I've just ordered a Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB GDDR5 with boost, graphics card. I'll be receiving it in a week or so.

I was just wondering, do I use the driver CD that comes in the box, or do I download the latest Catalyst 13.4 drivers from the AMD website, because I'm guessing the box driver will be an older version. This is my first AMD graphics card purchase. I've been using Nvidia till now.

Here's the link to what I've bought:
http://www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd-ati-hd-7950-3gb-gddr5-boost-3-gb-graphics-card/p/itmdfyygkk2zwpjk?pid=GRCDC2QTBPZHV8HQ&ref=38c3f61d-1301-4b8b-a223-879583b35e38

Please let me know your views.

Thanks in advance.

austin707

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
I use 'Your Uninstaller' program to uninstall softwares from my system. It automatically does a registry sweep after uninstalling. Will this be sufficient? Hope there won't be any issues with the installation and performance of this card. I'm really excited about buying an AMD card for the very first time.

Yes that will be sufficient I believe. You should be very happy with the card, especially if you are someone that OCs. Its MADE for the OCer...

fatboytyler

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Novuake said it best.

And I have that card and its quite the beast. Certainly designed for the Overclocker. Voltage is not locked, but at stock voltage you'll be able to OC it like no other. I increased the core clock by about 35% and about 30% with the memory. If you plan on just overclocking it without changing the voltage then I suggest using EVGA Precision-X, but if you want to go all out then go with Sapphire's TriXX program