Sapphire RX 570 8GB Nitro+ Hynix Original BIOS Request & 30Mh/s BIOS Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to request a copy of the original bios for this card.

Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 570 8GB 100412NT+8GL (Hynix Memory)

My original bios got corrupt (the .rom image I had stored), so I need a new one. Also had flashed both bios on the card.

I do have for anyone interested a working bios that is getting me 30.6 Mh/s using 100W (GPU-Z/HWInfo) with zero mem errors.

Settings used: (all settings are in bios, so just install and enjoy :) )
1750 straps
2200 mem
1340 core
950mV core and mem in bios
30.6 Mh/s in Claymore v10.0

Here is the bios - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NplV6ZVaSSP6U5shRNITl-v89ow3NFqL

I've also found that ATIWinFlash does not work on the newest Windows 10. So, I had to install a Windows 10 from May '17 and use ATIWinFlash.

Solution
Alright, I return with info on power draw and software readings.

Sapphire RX 570 8GB Nitro+ (with power mods)
1750 straps
1150MHz core 875 mV
2200MHz mem 900mV
HWInfo64 GPU Power = 89W
Kill-A-Watt Meter = 171W - 50W (tested system consumption) = 121W GPU Power draw (32W difference in software vs wall)
*29-30 Mh/s

MSI RX 570 4GB GAMING X (stock)
HWInfo64 GPU Power = 72W
Kill-A-Watt Meter - 171W - 50W = 121W (49W difference in software vs wall)
22 Mh/s

So, I would say the Nitro+ does draw more power; however, HWInfo64 (and presumably other software) are not good ways to compare power draw among different cards.

My mod results for the MSI card as follows (spoiler: it's not that...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
There's probably a better place to post your link for a mining BIOS.

I'm not sure how much the memory plays a factor in the cards from a BIOS standpoint? Looks like there's only one available for the Nitro+, and it's on TechPowerUp.
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=&manufacturer=Sapphire&model=RX+570&version=&interface=&memType=&memSize=8192&since=

Thanks but I tried that one and it wouldn't work for me, it would flash but would BSOD when trying to install the driver.

Memory does play a factor in the memory timings (straps) used. Different memory uses different timings. Apparenty that one is for Samsung/Micron.

I'll be posting this on other forums including bitcointalk and forum.ethereum.org.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I do have for anyone interested a working bios that is getting me 30.6 Mh/s using 100W with zero mem errors.

Settings used: (all settings are in bios, so just install and enjoy :) )
1750 straps
2200 mem
1340 core
950mV core and mem in bios
30.6 Mh/s in Claymore v10.0

What are you using to measure power? Looking at those settings, I'm very skeptical of 100W draw.

Although I realize discussing your mining BIOS isn't really the purpose of this thread :p

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, I have a Nitro +, hynix memory.

875 mV core/mem voltage.
1150 core.
2195 mem.

I used the "one click timing patch" in PolarisBiosEditor for doing my timings, looks like it copied 1500 MHz straps. Getting 31.1 MH/s reported with phoenixminer 2.8c.

I wonder if the difference in hwinfo reported power draw for different cards is indicative of difference in true power draw, or if different cards just measure/report things differently making the reported power not necessarily directly comparable.

That's impressive.

I always thought different cards drew different amounts of power based on their board design/layout.

I have RX 580 8GB Nitro+ Hynix gets 31 Mh/s and Micron gets 32 Mh/s, but that's not with as low of voltage or core clock as you.

I'm going to be reflashing all my cards and will see what I come up with; because when I first got this card a couple months ago I was only getting around 27 Mh/s.

Can you share your bios? I'd like to take a look at it and possibly try it out on my 580's. I have 2 of them 8GB with Hynix and 1 with Micron, or maybe the other way around.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Sure, no problem. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MOLg5m4JHN1VcQthFulSIUxiFpqcIazi

Regarding the power draw, I was just speculating on whether different HWinfo64 readings are comparable. We know that reported power draw is off by a good margin from real power draw, but is that margin consistent from one card to the next? If it is, then power readings could still be useful for comparing relative power between cards (still couldn't conclude anything about real total power draw without a power meter), if it's not consistent then we cannot. I have no idea if it is or isn't. You're right though, in terms of real power draw it would come down to board design (and firmware).

Edit: Oh, for the sake of completeness. I'll mention that I'm using crimson driver 18.3.4, obviously with compute mode enable. Windows 10 v1709.

You could also try updating your miner software. Claymore v10 is a little old by now I think, might get better results with newer versions. Also, I found that phoenixminer gave me a little better results (plus a little lower dev fee).

I see what you're saying about the power draw. I've got a Kill-A-Watt meter and maybe I can see if the difference is the same between the Nitro+ and GAMING X at the wall (or close enough to it factoring efficiency) as it is in HWInfo64.

Thanks for the bios and the miner suggestion. I'll be setting it up soon to try it out.

Alright, I return with info on power draw and software readings.

Sapphire RX 570 8GB Nitro+ (with power mods)
1750 straps
1150MHz core 875 mV
2200MHz mem 900mV
HWInfo64 GPU Power = 89W
Kill-A-Watt Meter = 171W - 50W (tested system consumption) = 121W GPU Power draw (32W difference in software vs wall)
*29-30 Mh/s

MSI RX 570 4GB GAMING X (stock)
HWInfo64 GPU Power = 72W
Kill-A-Watt Meter - 171W - 50W = 121W (49W difference in software vs wall)
22 Mh/s

So, I would say the Nitro+ does draw more power; however, HWInfo64 (and presumably other software) are not good ways to compare power draw among different cards.

My mod results for the MSI card as follows (spoiler: it's not that great, but I already knew)
1500 straps
1150MHz core 875mV
1950MHz mem 900mV
HWInfo64 GPU Power = 66W
Kill-A-Watt Meter = 158W - 50W = 108W (42W difference)
27.xx Mh/s

The MSI card gets memory errors at 28Mh/s (2000MHz) and up. 1750 straps can't get to 27Mh/s even past 2000MHz.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.