Question SAS 12GB/s external enclosures ?

diaz1510

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
I'm looking for the least expensive solution to connect some SAS 12GB/s HDD I have to my PC. I know I can't connect them directly as they need an SAS controller. What Im really looking for is an external enclosure for single SAS drives that may already have the controller built in.

They won't be permanently attached to the PC, I just need to read quite a few of them and looking for an adapter cable solution or external enclosure (again...I'm aware they can't be simply plugged in, even with the passive adapters I've seen on the market)

Any options? Looking for temporary and dirt cheap simply to get data off these things and onto my standard SATA drives.

Christophe516

Prominent
May 2, 2022
I'm looking for the least expensive solution to connect some SAS 12GB/s HDD I have to my PC. I know I can't connect them directly as they need an SAS controller. What Im really looking for is an external enclosure for single SAS drives that may already have the controller built in.

They won't be permanently attached to the PC, I just need to read quite a few of them and looking for an adapter cable solution or external enclosure (again...I'm aware they can't be simply plugged in, even with the passive adapters I've seen on the market)

Any options? Looking for temporary and dirt cheap simply to get data off these things and onto my standard SATA drives.
How many SAS drives?