rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
I have a right angle sata power cable which makes it difficult to mount my SSD on the back of my Chassis. I need to get an extension that is flat and connect it to that right angle power cable. I am just wondering can I buy any extension and not have an issue with the PSU frying my SSD?
I have a Corsair RM650x.
In case there is any confusion on what I mean by "right angle" I have posted an image below.
View: https://imgur.com/a/5WMLRZo

My cable room with the back panel on is tight so it makes it extremely difficult to mount it without potentially damaging the connection.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
An extension shouldn't be a problem, provided it's of equal of greater gauge than the stock wiring. There's no conversion involved, or varying pinouts to account for from the power 'out' side.

I'd be a little wary of anything super cheap though - but SATA to SATA should be fine. If you were adapting to anything else, I'd suggest against it.

As an alternative, you can get custom cables for an RM650X..... the CableMod 'kits' usually have at least one SATA plug that is at a complete 180' (although I've only used EVGA ones from CableMod, I don't see why they'd be any different).

Custom cables are definitely a more expensive option, but if you're interested in the aesthetics of your system, they might be worth considering.

Reactions: rcsverige

rcsverige

Commendable
Mar 15, 2021
yea so I am willing to pay for the best I can. I just wanted to extend the 90 degree cable to a flat cable is all. The sata data shouldnt be an issue but that darn sata power is. Normally when it comes to PC I try not to cheap out the best I can.