Say Goodbye to Adobe Flash Player for Android

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hspito

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
[citation][nom]theabsinthehare[/nom]Apple's problem was not with the openness of Flash, their problem is that it's buggy and full of security holes. They couldn't give a damn if it is open or not.He's getting thumbs down because this is a decision being made by Adobe, not Android. Also, Android is not a company, so it can't make any decisions; it's software developed by an Alliance of companies called "The Open Handset Alliance."I love Apple, but it's people like you that make everyone think that all Apple fans are retards. Try reading articles before commenting, and then actually spend some time thinking about what you're going to say and make sure it's correct before you say it.[/citation]

What the hell are you talking about, he never said that Android made the decision, it doesn't matter who made the decision his quote it still correct "flash does sucks on mobile" also nobody said that Android was a company, where are you getting this from. Here you are calling me a retard when in fact it is you who didn't understand my comment.

theabsinthehare

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
[citation][nom]hspito[/nom]What the hell are you talking about, he never said that Android made the decision, it doesn't matter who made the decision his quote it still correct "flash does sucks on mobile" also nobody said that Android was a company, where are you getting this from. Here you are calling me a retard when in fact it is you who didn't understand my comment.[/citation]

He said "Android is now copying Apple yet again," insinuating that Android is making some conscious decision to rid itself of Flash, like Apple did. Since Adobe is making the decision, how can Android be copying anyone?

theabsinthehare

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
[citation][nom]icemelted[/nom]To be honest, maybe Flash really belongs on iOS, since it is proprietary and closed, where HTML5 belongs with Google since Android is open. Both ways seems to have their merits, but birds of a feather should ... But I guess Apple and Stevie are really hypocrites, unless there are plans to "open" iOS (not holding breath for this one)[/citation]

I'm sure you're not aware of this, but iOS is built on Darwin, which is open source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_(operating_system)

Here's a list of other components in Mac OS X/iOS that are open source:
http://www.apple.com/opensource/

craij

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
These comments are becoming less about Adobe dropping Flash development for Android and more about "your taste sucks." As a web and mobile developer, it is clear to me that all currently available technologies fall short on innovation, performance and consistent UX. But you could see this as a good thing... diversity. When a door shuts on one technology, another door is opened for a new one. I, for one, don't want to be stuck driving the same car as everyone else (read:iphone), do you? So, good bye Flash for Android, hello HTML5 (eww, js). If you need to keep on hating, I don't think Flash and Android is your real problem.

G

One of the big selling points of Android devices was their Adobe Flash compatibility. Now that flash is being phased out of convention, you won’t be able to download flash from the Play Market. That however doesn’t mean that you can’t get it.Here is briefed tutorial http://goo.gl/evV55 for Manually install flash on your Samsung Android Device

molanjames

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
While Flash Player remains on Google Play for installation on Android devices that are certified by the manufacturer, installing Flash Player on an uncertified device may result in unexpected behavior and can potentially destabilize your device. download adobe flash player for android from the following link
http://www.smartphonesupdates.com/download-adobe-flash-player-for-android-11-11-1-115-6/

Status
Not open for further replies.