SB Live 5.1 + Yamaha TSS-1 problem

G

I just bought a new PC and a sound system and already I am having a major problem. I have tried to make a 5.1 mode to work but no luck yet. With a sound system packet I got punch of cables but not the one I needed when using digital connection. So I bought a converter that converts RCA to minijack (RCA to Yamaha and minijack to SB). With this configuration just front speakers work. If I use analog connection everything works ok (4 speakers). Do I need a special cable to get a 5.1 work or am I doing something else wrong? I have tried all different configurations and settings and it just don't work. PLEASE HELP ME!

Thank you

FatBurger

Illustrious
Lots of people have had problems getting their Lives to work with a DVD-ROM. Usually the center channel is missing. Blame Creative's drivers.
No fix that I know of, sorry. Keep your eyes open for newer drivers.

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>

G

OK, I got some help but it is still not working. First problem was that I was using coaxial cable to connect devices. If I understood correctly I need to use toslink to miniplug cable to make 5.1 work - right? I got the cable but still no sound at all. I tried to uninstall everything but no help. If I pull off another end of the optical cable should I see light beam if SB is sending anything. No light. Does anyone know SB drivers that should work with digital connection? What does the text VDM mean - Creative SB Live! series(VDM)?

THX