SB Live Prob.

G

I got a problem with my SB Live 1024 card.
I had to format hd and reinstall everything. All the hardware apart from the sound card is fine
As far as I know the drivers are all installed correctly (mainly cos it says It's working properly in the properties). But I have no speaker icon in the toolbar, nor can I play wave files etc. - they give errors when I try to play them.
Any suggestions?

G

Update to this.
I've now got to the point where I think the computer knows it's there, but when I go into multimedia in the control panel, and select the devices tab - audio devices
then the properties of my card it says
"Status:Driver is enabled but inactive due to an unknown problem"

G

Nope
It only seems to be acknowledged in the System and in the Multimedia.

G

I have a similar problem. When I have the sound card installed anytime I boot my computer it blue screens me right before windows loads. I press any key, everything works fine, then when I go to access a sound file or anything that has to do with the card and it will blue screen me again.

I called tech 3 times, and no one knows whats up. They just keep telling me to uninstall by going into safe mode and making sure all drivers are gone (you might want to try this).

It might be the motherboard, but I turned off the onboard sound (you might wnat to try this as well. Goto BIOS and go under peripheral devices and disable onboard sound) and everything so I have nothing left to try.

What motherboard do you have? Mines a Soyo 7vca.

-Noinert

G

I've got a Soyo6 or something similar

This problem has now actually resolved itself - I reinstalled windows on my second HD and just reinstalled all my Hardware - and everything is fine. Guess it's one of those inexplicable windows things.